Chapter 8: Worse is Yet to Come

She eyed the grand window and looked out into the vast territory that she reigned over

The view her room had was spectacular. Fields of green clothed the ground like luscious, locks of hair, and the trees that grew there matched the very same color of the grass.

The mountains in the background of it all seemed to hang in the air, towering and snow-capped. The sky which the sleeping giants touched was deep blue in color and anyone who looked upon it could instantly feel peace.

But the queen felt anything but that.

Her wolf was anxious and so was she. She felt nervous and shaky for some odd reason, and she could only conclude that it was because she had gotten news that Kyros had been captured. Finally, he was in her possession and it was only a matter of time before he arrived.

She had told her soldiers to capture the beast in any way they could - as long as they brought him back alive. It would be an important day for her kingdom, and she knew that news had probably already spread. She had never handled such an intense, important situation before and she didn't want to let her kingdom down.

She didn't like punishing people and showing brutality towards them. But if it was for the name of justice, then she wouldn't hesitate to do so. And nobody deserved to get away with such an atrocious crime such as the act committed by the man the kingdom had grown to loathe. She could feel her wrath boiling in her blood when she thought of the vile creature Kyros must have been.

She had suffered from an immense loss ten years ago. The case to her was very personal and she wished to see Kyros at once and avenge herself and her kingdom.

Amidst the anxiousness inside of her, was anger. It accompanied the overwhelming emotion and the two seemed to dance together, twirling about like graceful and silent dancers that sweep the night and struck all who watched with awe and wonder.

Her anger burned hot and bright, her wrath breached the surface of the walls she had built inside her mind with trembling hands. Erected in stone. Cold, hard, impenetrable stone that was stable and sturdy.

They could never be torn down.

They would never be torn down.

Or, so she thought.

She never knew those walls would be destroyed, dismantled, demolished. And she certainly never would have thought that those very same walls would be torn down in a way she couldn't have ever imagined.

Until then, she would not lose control of her emotions. She couldn't. She was the queen of her kingdom and she knew better than to publicly lose herself in the throes of her deepest, darkest anger and hate towards such an atrocious being like Kyros. It would be justified to do so, yes. But would it be a good example? A good example to show a lack of restraint, a lack of self control to her people?