Chapter 5: Searching for Sinister

Their muscles rippled under their skin which was clothed in gray, sleek hair

Muscles of might and power, muscles of determination and strength. Their joints were strewn together and their bones were like bronze, solid and durable. On their feet, they wore hooves, large hooves that clashed upon the ground like thunder as they ran. Large hooves shook the earth like the second coming of a mighty Being.

Their manes and tails were dark and long, waving in the air as if mimicking the ocean's movements. Splendorous and graceful, lithe and spirituous. Longer hair grew around the ankles of the horses and shrouded their hooves in the tangled, wavy fur like a curtain.

From the nostrils spilled the warmth of their breath. Hefty and loud it sounded with each step they took. The earth groaned beneath its weight, sounding as if it could split in half and swallow the earth's population whole. 

Their riders yielded bows, swords, and power. The power of their queen and the power of their wolves beating beneath their skin's surface. Every ounce of who they were thrummed alive within them as they hunted their prey.

As they hunted Kyros.

On a pale horse leading them all was Candie. And it was as if Hades, the god of the dead, followed along behind her, laughing and twirling a large sword in his hand. The word death seemed to be written on her forehead and disgrace was imbedded into her side. 

She was given the power to lead the way of destruction.

The ultimate destruction for Kyros.

The queen's soldiers followed her as she raced back to her home in the woods. 

The people of the town oozed from their homes and peeked out their windows to watch the charade of soldiers upon horseback riding through their streets of cobblestone. It felt like the ground was shaking and citizens threw themselves out of the way of the horsemen.

Others stood in awe and watched the might displayed by their kingdom. Murmurs of wonder drifted through the air like snowflakes. Snowflakes gently fall from their icy kingdom above and blanket the land in a frozen frost.

Because as the branches of the forest descended over the soldier's heads, so did Kyro's looming secret. The secret of who he was and what he became. His face hadn't been seen since he was just a boy and the kingdom ached and groaned to see the matured face of the murderer.

Candie hoped that Kyros hadn't left the home yet but she was certain he did. She wished she wouldn't have told him to leave so soon, because if she hadn't let her fear control her, Kyros would've been sitting at their house most likely for certain.

But she knew that they would be able to pick up on his scent fairly easily since the place was drenched in it.

The horses barrelled through the branches and weeds, snapping smaller, younger trees in their wake. But as the rocks on the ground increased and the low shrubs and tree branches became denser and seemed to block out intruders, the horses were forced to come to a stop.