Chapter 25: Reuben

Life is a beautiful, enchanting creature that roams the earth freely

Life is a beautiful, enchanting creature that roams the earth freely. Her hair sparkles in the sun, her skin is drenched in the rays of the golden light. Her heart is so bright that the sun is put to shame by her presence, and she dances to the music produced by time. Graceful robes are placed upon her shoulders, and she bears the weight of the world upon her back.

Her author, the one who created her, stands before her and they dance together gracefully. Even though they witness and feel the brunt of the hardships of the world wearing them down and tied to their ankles like heavy, cumbersome chains, they laugh with smiles on their faces.

Because the author of Life knows that all of this pain is not permanent, but temporary.

Life has a dark side to her. Her original form is pure and righteous, but humanity got their hands on her and defiled her. Spat on her and ruined what was once meant to be pure.

Life has been abused. Life has been hurt and suffers from the abuse at the hands of those she still blesses and adores. But because she is broken, because she is imperfect, those on earth are imperfect and broken as well.

What people decide to do with Life is, to an extent, their own decision. However, life itself is unpredictable, for nobody can guarantee tomorrow.

But the part people can control is where it all goes wrong. Decisions are made, prices will be paid.

And innocents will suffer.

It had been a month since Kyros had shifted for the first time in ten years, and it had been yet another month of healing. He had significantly improved his health, he had gained weight and he had started to routinely exercise. As a result, he started to gain back the strength and size of his muscles.

Shifting into his wolf boosted his natural bodily functions, and, as a result, strengthening his mind, body, and soul once more. His moods were evening out since his beast had gotten his freedom at last and was no longer tampering with Kyro's emotions.

And he felt a bit more confident about not only his appearance, but his happiness as well. He felt content for once in his life. He didn't feel uneasy, he didn't feel depressed. He simply felt like he was healing.

Not healed. But healing.

And he felt like he had more freedom because of so. It was as if the chains of depression, shame, and guilt that wrapped around his ankles and bound his hands together were being broken, one by one.

Some had yet to fall off, and he could not find the key to unlock the others. But he already could breathe a little better now that he was being freed little by little.

Healing was a beautiful thing.

Shifting into his wolf successfully without any abnormal issues helped him realize that he could get through this. That he could conquer his fears and make it out alive. Breaking his promise and shifting into his wolf was something he had greatly feared doing. It was, perhaps, one of his biggest fears.