An Everlasting Bromance

Meanwhile in Bombay, the two thieves had just made a daring escape from prison, and for this, they carried a huge price on their heads.

Veeru and Jai were best friends who never let go of each other and were always together. They had no one but each other, and their polar-opposite attitudes only made their bromance stronger. Veeru was jovial and carefree, while Jai was cynical and uptight. 

That day, both of them were hiding in the branches of a huge tree opposite to the garage of Soorma Bhopali, a mechanic.

"How do we get out of here, Jai?" asked Veeru. "I feel like I'm about to fall down, and if Soorma sees us, we might have to spend another decade in jail!"

"I have an idea, Veeru," replied his friend. "Can you see that sidecar scooter over there?" 

Veeru pulled out a pair of binoculars to see what he was talking about. 

"Are you telling me about the red one which Soorma has just finished repairing? It looks quite good. Wait, are you planning to swipe it?"

Jai nodded with a wily grin. "Just listen and follow my instructions." 

Both of them jumped down from the tree and approached Soorma. "Hoy, Soorma!" they yelled in unison. 

The mechanic looked at them with a strange expression on his face.

"What are you two doing here?" he asked in a shiver. 

"We've come to make a deal with you," said Jai. "We've got a big price on our heads, and if you get it, you can get settled, na?" added Veeru. 

Soorma was naive, and believed the thieves immediately. 

He turned away to call the police, only to hear the noise of the scooter that he had just repaired. 

"You hoodlums!" he yelled, as Veeru and Jai flew off on the vehicle, with the former on the scooter and latter on the sidecar. 

He chased them, but wasn't able to catch up with them. The duo drove so fast that they even stole two cups of tea from a roadside shop.

 They were soon in some dense woods. No one was in sight there. 

"Jai, till death, I hope we can be like this," said Veeru, as the clinked their cups and enjoyed the tea.

"Now, stop getting emotional," replied Jai, playfully nudging his comrade's shoulders. "Didn't I promise you that already?"

They loitered around for a while before falling asleep on the scooter. 

Veeru and Jai - a friendship that will live forever.