The Thwarting

Thakur accomodated Veeru and Jai in a a small house close to his manor. Both of them prepared their guns in case of any attacks.

And an attack took place right on their first day in Ramgarh. 

They were with Thakur, discussing something with him, when they heard the sounds of grenades and bullets.

"I think they're here," said Thakur. "Are you both ready?"

Both of them nodded. With guns in both hands, they ran outside to face Gabbar's dacoits, led by Kaalia. 

"There they are!" he yelled. "Come on boys! Let's give them a taste of hell!"

The dacoits spurred their horses towards the two youths, but Veeru and Jai were in no way inferior to them. 

"Take that!" said Jai, landing a kick on Kaalia's face. 

Veeru wrestled with another dacoit, who was apparently ten times his size, and successfully managed to overpower him. 

The fight continued for another hour. 

"Trying to run away?" said Veeru, continuing to bash up the bad guys. "Don't even think about it!"

He landed a kick on Kaalia's paunch, which led to him howling like a hurt wolf. Jai took on three rogues, scarring their faces permanently. 

Kaalia was not able to stand against them any more. He and two others ran for their life, and in all that fiasco, the duo weren't able to catch him. 

This was just the beginning.