Losing Hearts

Gabbar and his dacoits did not come to Ramgarh for the next few days. 

The villagers became increasingly fond of Veeru and Jai, and the duo didn't have the heart to leave. 

Radha realised that she had deeply fallen for Jai, and Thakur figured it out himself. 

"Radha, I promised your late mother that I'd keep you happy as long as I live," he told her. "And if being with him is your happiness, I have no objection." 

"Really, Baba?"

Thakur nodded. Her face bloomed, and she happily ran back to her room. 

"She's smiling again," thought Thakur. "Jai managed to bring it back!"

But his thoughts were disturbed by a commotion outside, and he hurried to see what it was. Radha came back and followed him. 

The whole village had gathered near a huge water tank, and on top of the tank was a drunk Veeru, threatening to jump down from there. 

The reason being, that Basanti's aunt did not consent to their relationship, even though Jai had reasoned with her. 

In those few days, he'd played a lot of pranks on Basanti to woo her, including hiding behind a temple idol and pretending to be the voice of God. 

"I'm in love with Basanti!" he wailed. "But her stupid aunt will never allow me to love her! I shall jump off if she doesn't accept me!"

Jai was trying his best to get him down safely. 

The villagers begged Veeru not to jump down, but he didn't listen and carried on with his wails. 

Basanti turned to her aunt with worry and frustration on her face. 

"I love him, Chachi! At least now, please let me with him!" she begged. "Because of your actions, you are going to be a killer!" 

In fear, her aunt too, persuaded Veeru to come down. 

"Veeru, I love you!" yelled Basanti, loud enough for everyone there to hear. "Please come down!"

Satisfied, and grinning from ear to ear, Veeru came down from the tank and took Basanti away from there. 

Jai was frowning at the drama that his friend had created, when he saw Radha.

She was smiling for the first time since he saw her, and he realised that he'd fallen in love with her. 

His eyes locked with hers, and they just spent some time gazing adoringly at each other. 

Thakur noticed it, but didn't say anything. 

"Both of you succeeded in giving hope to my people," he said to himself. "I hope that you both succeed in catching Gabbar too!"