𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 1: 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 7

•𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒂 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒆•

After Adam was arrested, he remained for some hours alone in his own cell. Later, Derek visited him so as to talk with his friend, since he never deeply believed that he was a murderer.

"Are you okay, Adam?", Derek asked him.
"How can I be, Derek? One moment, I'm with my family having fun and the next one I'm suddenly arrested by the police for a murder I didn't even commit.", Adam answered.
"Look, I know that you're feeling weird and confused. But you know how these things work in this place. The police arrest the ones that we have evidence for. Don't get me wrong, Adam, I never believed that you indeed murdered Miranda, not even for one moment, but you know that I was obligated to arrest you at least until we find out the truth about it.", Derek told him.
"I knew you would understand me like no one else, Derek. But I'm in here for so many hours that I've lost count. Something terribly wrong is happening here. Someone wants me into prison. I don't know why, but I'll learn about it soon or late.", Adam responded.
"Don't worry. We're also working on it. I have the entire team by my side, since no one actually believes that you are behind this absurd murder of that woman. Nathan and Brandon have already started looking for it, and so will I.", Derek assured him.
"Have Amanda and Yelena come here to see me?", Adam asked him.
"The first hours of your arrest, it was not permitted by Tyler for anyone to visit you. But I think that now it's a more appropriate time for your family to come. I'll give Amanda a call.", Derek said but looked on the floor.
"Tyler! Of course he wouldn't let them visit me. He's as strict as he's always been but... Hey.. Derek? I know that look. What else happened? Are you hiding anything from me?", Adam suspiciously asked him.
"No.. Everything else is alright.", Derek answered.
"Derek please. I don't even know for how long I'm going to be in here. I need to know. What else has happened?", Adam asked him.
"Unfortunately, you know that as the Mayor of our city, it is anything but positive for you to be in here and it has a negative effect on the media as well. The journalists are all outside, waiting for someone to give them as much information as they need.", Derek told him.
"Now I understand.. I'm not only endangering my job and my family, but I'm also losing the trust of my people.. Has the prosecutor told you how much time I'm going to be in this cell?", Adam asked.
"He only told us that you're going to be remanded in custody for some time. If you are an innocent you're going to be freed but if you actually killed her Adam..then you're going to stay into jail for at least 15 years..", Derek said and Adam looked on the floor filled with sorrow.
"We're gonna make it, Adam. We'll prove your innocence. You have my word!", Derek said, touched his hands and was about to leave from the cell but Adam asked him something more.
"Derek, wait! I have another question. Just so that I can be sure that that woman wasn't behind all this, do the cameras from the airport have the face of the woman who used the same surname as mine so as to prove that she was my cousin?", Adam asked.
"Even though the airport was almost completely destroyed, the cameras have saved their data. I can contact with them and they could give me the content.", Derek said.
"Do it, if it's no difficult for you, please. I need to know.", Adam said and Derek nodded affirmatively before leaving from the cell.

The same time, Amanda and Yelena were approaching the police department, but the journalists as it is already known, were annoying both women so that they can get as much information about Adam's captivity..

"Do you have any words for what happened to your husband and the Mayor of New York City, miss Hardyn?", a journalist asked.
"Why do you think that your husband, mister Adam Campbell was a suspect towards the police department?", another journalist asked.
"What are the wife and the daughter of the Mayor going to say to the family of Miranda Ortiz, about her brutal murder and her corpse that was found meters outside the Mayor's house?", another journalist asked the women.