𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 1: 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 8 (𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖)

•𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒔𝒕•

"Cassandra?...", Derek asked her while being in complete shock.
"Calm down.. Calm down! I understand that what is happening right now is absolutely crazy!", Cassandra told him while trying to reassure him.
"It.. It is crazy.. Indeed.. Oh my God I'll lose my mind..", Derek said while holding his head.
"It's my fault! I should have warned you before coming here. Before I hit the doorbell I didn't know if I should do it. I tried many times in the past as well but I couldn't do it..", Cassandra said.
"Stop it.. Stop.. STOP IT!", Derek shouted and approached her angrily while Cassandra made a step backwards.
"You're dead... Fifteen years I had been coming to your grave!", Derek said angrily.
"I'm sorry..I'm so sorry Derek!", Cassandra told him.
"I don't understand!.. Oh God I'm gonna lose my mind.. I'm gonna turn mad..", Derek said while holding his head.
"Back then, I thought that this was the right thing. That I should disappear from your life. That I should stop being a burden to you.", Cassandra told him.
"What are you saying? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?", Derek kept asking her both with anger and confusion.
"Listen to me.. Listen to me, Derek. After the accident, I had very serious injuries and burns all over my body. The doctors made the impossible possible so as to keep me alive.", Cassandra explained.
"The doctor told me that you were dead!", Derek told her.
"The doctor..told you.. What I wanted him to tell you..", Cassandra said.
"No that cannot be happening.. If he lied to me then.. No.. That's irrational.. That's.. That's illegal!", Derek said.
"Trust me! With the proper amount of money, the irrational things become rational and the illegal, legal! And I payed a lot of money for it!", Cassandra said.
"Why?.. WHY??", Derek shouted.
"BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT YOU, TO FEEL SORRY ABOUT ME!", Cassandra shouted too.
"What the hell are you talking about? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?", Derek asked her angrily.
"Just like you've always been looking after me when I was psychologically destroyed and was forced to swallow pills everyday so that I could keep living, you would do the same if you ever saw my condition after the accident! I couldn't let you be my nurse. I couldn't keep you imprisoned!", Cassandra shouted and shed some tears. Derek approached her face and asked her:
"Do you know what I went through these years? Do you know how I was feeling?"
Cassandra then nodded affirmatively and while she was crying she answered:
"Yes! I set you free! That's what I had to do! Because, as you see, even after all those years, I never stopped loving you! I wanted to be close to you. That's why I returned!" and then Derek made some steps backwards as he kept on shedding tears.

That morning, as Leslie had been shot again, she got back to the hospital. Renata was with her inside the room and was talking with her for a bit..

"How did that happen, little one? Who shot you again inside your own house?", Renata asked her.
"I don't know, Renata. I really don't. It was a woman but she was wearing a mask.. She must be one of the people from that organisation we're facing. I guess my only hope to see her face is to check the outside cameras. She might have put the mask right before entering from the window.", Leslie said.
"Cecille was right! She shouldn't have let you there all alone. We could have lost you, Leslie. It was absolutely perilous to be that injured, alone in a house. Someone always must be with you in order to assure your safety.", Renata said.
"I know it was a mistake of mine, Renata.. But if that woman wanted me dead, she would have already done it. Apparently, it was just to make my condition worse.. And it worked!", Leslie said and Renata looked on the floor while shedding droplets of tears. Leslie touched her hand and told her:
"I'm so sorry about Candice. She really was a magnificent person and I know what kind of a strong friendship you had with her. It was so unfortunate for her to go.."
"I know.. She was kind and cooperative. Smart, compassionate and friendly.. But for me, the most important thing is that she was my friend. And now I lost her. But, I swore to my life, that the one who did it and I know who he is, will pay in the end.", Renata said.
"Who did it?", Leslie asked her.
"I won't say much for now. I'll only speak when I get all the evidence possible.", Renata said and then Nathan and Bryan entered the room.
"Hey! How are you feeling today?", Bryan asked Leslie.
"Well, I'm not that good if I'm being honest with you. I don't know what's exactly happening to me, but I feel like the doctors are hiding something from me.", Leslie responded.
"It's gonna be okay, Leslie. As long as you take care of yourself. Please be more careful next time. The world out there is dangerous, especially to he ones who are the most vulnerable.", Nathan told her and then Renata stood up and said:
"I'm sorry, but, I'm gonna have to go for now. I need to figure some things out. Stay here with her until the doctor returns, okay?" and then she left.
"Alright, stay here for the interrogation bud, okay? I'll speak to her.", Nathan said and left the room.
"Okay, buddy. Done!", Bryan answered.
Nathan followed Renata and touched her arm so as not to let her go.
"Renata! Wait!", Nathan said.
"I have to go, Nathan. Justice calls me out. And I'm gonna have to answer to that call. I must not waste any more time. I have to find him.", Renata answered.
"I know who you're talking for. Jackson. Am I right?", Nathan asked her.
"Indeed! It might sound crazy to you or anybody else that might hear what I'm gonna say, but.. I don't think he's dead, Nathan. I think he organized that sudden accident and now he's somewhere out there planning his next attack. And this time, every single one of us might be in danger.", Renata told him.
"Now that might seem crazy to you, but I believe what you're saying. Right after Jacqueline's and Madison's deaths I started suspecting Jackson. After Candice's death I was sure about it. But just like you, I'm in the unfortunate condition of not having any evidence against him. But I'm sure that both of us will find something. I also believe that he is somewhere out there living his life. He's a smart guy and a perilous opponent. I don't think he would have passed away that easily!", Nathan told her.
"I'm so happy that someone believes me and that's you. Because I trust you so much just as much as you trust me. We're gonna need each other's help, Nathan. Candice gave me an envelope filled with evidence against him, proving his guilt. If we want justice for the murders of Olivia, Jacqueline, Madison and Candice, we must search. Even in the most unlikely places. We must arrest him!", Renata told him and Nathan agreed. Then Renata left and Nathan entered Leslie's room once again.