𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 2: 𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 7

•𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐝•

Vanessa and Brandon entered the police department. Right in front of them, it was Jackson, tied up with handcuffs. As they were taking him inside the interrogation room, he was looking at all of them in the department, just like every police member was looking at him. When the couple put Jackson into the interrogation room, not only them remained there, but also Nathan and Selina. For about half a minute, things were completely calm. But then..

"So this is the moment when I tell you why I did whatever I did until that day, right?", Jackson asked.
"You don't have to! You confessed everything in front of the camera.", Nathan answered while looking at him filled with anger.
"Then, I can't say whatever I want. I have to explain, apologize and then go to prison, right?", Jackson asked.
"Unfortunately for you, yes, I'm afraid that you have no other choice.", Selina told him.
"If you heard me confessing then you already know why I did what I did. I murdered Olivia, because she wanted to reveal who I was. I couldn't allow her to do so. Owen's family had to perish as well. Such annoying and insufferable women.", Jackson said and Brandon hit the table hard and Jackson got scared.
"You still dare disgracing those people's lives even after everything you did?", Brandon asked him.
"I'm sorry, dear police officers, but, if you expect me to apologize for the murders I committed, then you're waiting in vain. I will never do that.", Jackson answered and then Nathan grabbed him from his collar.
"Do you think, that what you just did, is called heroism? Do you think, that any of us will congratulate you for what you did to them? Tell me! Tell me you bastard! Tell me!", Nathan shouted, but Brandon came calmly and tried to remove him from Jackson, by saying: "Come on, brother, shh, relax, it's okay!" and hugged him.
"I'm not expecting any of you to congratulate me, because no one will understand me. I talked to Elvira and the man that was with her, but none of them understood me either. So I won't make the same mistake again. Just like these three women I mentioned, Candice and Isabella were also a threat to me. Candice wanted to walk on Olivia's paths and reveal who I was and what I did. Isabella kept threatening me for several reasons. Sylvia might have been innocent, but I had to take revenge from the Python. It was the only way!", Jackson told them.
"And what about Amanda? What did she do to you? Explain it to me, if you can. WHAT, DID MY MOTHER DO TO YOU?", Nathan asked him and Selina shed tears. Jackson then shut his mouth, thought about the way he killed Amanda and then said: "No..this isn't true.. I never harmed her."
"You killed her because she figured out who you were!", Vanessa shouted.
"No, nothing like this happened.. I never harmed Amanda..", Jackson said.
"Why? Why did you do this to her? For the money? Ha? For the money? We would have given the money to you if you asked for them you bastard!", Nathan shouted.
"She told me this as well, but I didn't believe her. I thought that she was mocking me. I didn't think she was telling the truth.", Jackson answered.
"She wanted to understand you.. She tried to understand you!", Selina told him in tears.
"We're all sure that she accepted to give you the money and let you go, didn't she? Answer to me, isn't that right?", Vanessa asked him.
"It is.. She accepted to help me. She told me that she would do anything for me to get the money I was owed and that she would let me go without saying anything to anyone. But I didn't believe her.", Jackson said also in tears.
"How could you ever harm a woman like her? What kind of a heartless person you are to do it?", Brandon shouted.
"I don't know.. I honestly don't know..", Jackson said.
"I'm sure she was telling the truth to you. Amanda isn't... Amanda wasn't a liar! She loves every person in the world. She might even tried to love you as well. If you wanted the money, SHE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM TO YOU.", Selina shouted in tears and Vanessa hugged her so as to calm her down.
"At that point, I felt like I had no other choice. But trust me. My true enemies were the ones inside the hospital. I never wanted to harm any of you. And honestly, under different circumstances, I would have considered you.. my friends!", Jackson told them.
"WHAT KIND OF FRIENDS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU KILLED MY MOTHER! AND ALL OF THESE INNOCENT WOMEN.", Nathan shouted, rushed towards him and punched him hard.
"Brother..brother, Nathan, calm down. Please. Don't do this. Please, relax!", Selina said and hugged her brother and so did he.
"I know none of you will ever forgive me. I wish I could go back in time and erase everything. None of this would have happened.", Jackson said in tears and pain.
"Get up! Now, get up!", Brandon told him and was about to take him out of the interrogation room, but Vanessa stopped him and told him: "There is someone else who wants to speak with him as well. We should let her do so. Let's leave them alone."
The four police officers got out of the room, and then Evelynn entered and sat right across him.
"Evelynn, honey..", Jackson was about to say.
"Shut your mouth!", Evelynn interrupted him.
"I bet you've already learned what I did.", Jackson said.
"Otherwise why would I be here?", Evelynn asked him.
"I didn't harm anyone, Evelynn. I am innocent.", Jackson said.
"You killed, all of these people. You murdered each one of them with such cruelty, and with not even one sign of guilt. You're not a person. You're no human. You're something else. Much, much more dangerous.", Evelynn told him.
"Don't talk to me like this, Evelynn. We had fun together in the past. At least both of us had several beautiful moments in our life, before and after our marriage.", Jackson told her.
"Stop talking to me about our marriage, because you make me disgust myself even more. All those years that I thought I had found happiness, in reality, I was only sleeping with the man who took the life of seven innocent women and who knows how many other people you killed. Every second that passes now that I'm right across you, I want to stab myself. I am the one who has guilts about those women, when you should be the one to have them. But how? What am I saying? How can you have any sign of guilt when your heart is filled with poison, hatred and darkness?", Evelynn asked him.
"Evelynn, you have to believe me. I didn't have any other choice. They tried to cast me down so many times. They would have made it, if I hadn't stopped them.", Jackson said and then Evelynn hit the table hard, freezing it completely.
"There are other ways to face your problems. But no, you only had killing inside your brainless head.", Evelynn told him and approached him.
"I still love you Evel..", Jackson was about to say and Evelynn grabbed him from his neck, freezing it for some seconds.
"The only way I'm not killing you right away, is because I want to be there when they are going to blame you for all those murders and put you in prison for the rest of your miserable life. I want to see you fail. I want to see you fall, lose everything. I'll be there, to watch you be humiliated in front of everyone and watch that stupid face of yours show me what disappointment and failure look like. You, are done, Jackson!",, Evelynn told him and stopped freezing him. Jackson then was able to breathe easily again, and Evelynn got out of the room. As she was walking towards the police members, she saw Lauren hugging her children, Nathan and Selina and she smiled.
"I can't explain to you how happy I am about the picture I'm looking at right now. The family is reunited again!", Evelynn said.
"Thanks to you, darling!", Lauren told her.
"I didn't do anything, Lauren. I only did what you asked me to do. To protect these two beautiful people by all means necessary. And I think I did. As much as I could!", Evelynn responded.
"So, you were the only person that knew about this?", Selina asked her.
"Yes! Lauren only told me about her relationship with the two of you. And we managed to keep that a secret for as much as we had to. I'm so glad that your mother returned, but I know how much in pain you are about Amanda. Come here, darlings!", Evelynn told them in tears and hugged them both.
"I miss her so much, Evelynn. We both do!", Nathan told her in tears.
"Nothing will be the same without her.", Selina added.
"I only got to know her for a short period of time, but I saw what kind of a woman she was. I had never felt such selflessness in my life ever again. She was the best person, Evelynn.", Lauren told her.
"I know, and I couldn't even believe in my own ears when I heard about it. But do you know why I'm optimistic? Because I know, that the man over there will pay someday for the pain he caused. This is the only thing that makes me relax for a bit.", Evelynn said.
"Where will you go now?", Nathan asked her.
"I'll get to the hospital and talk with my friends. They needed me back as much as I needed them back as well. I'll see you later again, okay?", Evelynn asked, smiled and left from the department.