Chapter 1

A week went by without any results

A week went by without any results. Bruce couldn't be found anywhere. He left his pack and had gone into hiding along with his rogues. Diana wasn't doing much better either. While trying to capture Bruce, things went wrong and he escaped. Not only that, he also managed to put Diana under some coma spell and no matter what the pack doctors tried, they weren't able to wake her up. A month ago, the werewolves didn't even know that faeries existed so they were completely defenseless against faerie magic. They didn't even know if there would be any side effects to the coma.

"What did the doctors say?" Maddy asked Xander when he came out of the room where Diana was being kept. To prevent overcrowding, only family members were allowed inside. Doctors from a pack in Europe had been called to see if they could do anything to bring Diana out of the coma. They were said to be the best doctors who dealt with magic. They had done several tests on Diana the previous day and were waiting for the results.

Xander sighed. "The doctors seemed to be baffled by the faerie magic but they said that they would need some large source of magic to bring Diana back. Like how they jumpstart a patient's heart in hospitals."

Maddy nodded. That would made sense. Maddy had seen her mom doing something similar and it wasn't a pretty sight. They would need to figure out on how to direct all the magic into Diana and everything but first they had a bigger problem. "Where are we supposed to get enough magic to pull Diana out of her coma?"

Xander shrugged. "They don't know. Werewolf doctors are completely clueless when it comes to comas. Our doctors are trained separately in matters that are only faced by werewolves- torn limbs, pulled muscles and other stuff. Comas are very rare. In fact, I don't think any werewolf has ever fallen into a coma so no one knows what to do."

"Why don't you just take her to a hospital?"

"One blood test, and they'll figure out that mom is not human and we can't trust anyone with such information."

A sudden idea hit Maddy and her eyes widened. "That's it. You can just call my mother. She is what you call a 'normal doctor' and she already knows about werewolves. She could help with this stuff."

Xander's face lit up. "Yeah, that would help. Could you ask her to come over if she is fine with it? I'll call dad."

Xander went inside the room with Diana and a few seconds later Justin came outside. Nowadays, he hardly left the room. The Beta was taking care of the activities of the pack while Justin took care of Diana. If you looked at him, you wouldn't see anything different. He didn't look tired or worried like Xander and Alexa but Maddy guessed that it was just because he was the leader of the pack. If he broke down, the entire pack would fall.

"Xander said that your mom was a doctor and could help?" Justin asked.

"I don't know how much she can help but she is a doctor. I could ask her."

Justin looked relieved. "I appreciate that. If she agrees to help, I'll arrange for the flight and everything."

Maddy nodded and left the pack hospital. She didn't have her phone with her. It was in her room. In two minutes, Maddy reached her room and picked up her phone. She was just about to call her mother when she got a message from Leia. Maddy opened it to find a picture of Leia and Jeremy with the dog filter from snapchat.

Chuckling, Maddy replied to Leia's message. Leia and Jeremy were currently on a much-deserved date. Neither of them wanted to go on a date at such a crucial time when Bruce could attack at any moment but Maddy had insisted that they would be fine. When she found out that Leia and Jeremy never went on a date, she had been horrified. Jeremy and Leia had been on two sides of the country for the first sixteen years and just when they were supposed to finally meet, Bruce decided that it was the perfect time to cause drama.

Maddy then called her mother. Her mother picked up on the third ring.

"Hey Maddy, can you hold on for a minute," her mother said and a second later there was a loud crash. Maddy winced and held the phone away from her ear. Judging by the sound, her mom had probably dropped vessel in the kitchen. "Yeah, I can talk now. What happened?" her mother said a minute later.

"The pack needs your help."

"What kind of help?" her mother asked, surprised.

Maddy quickly explained the situation. She told her mother about the attempt to catch Bruce and how it went wrong. After hearing the entire story, her mother was silent for some time. She then spoke up, "Is it possible for me to speak to any of the doctors taking care of her?"

"One minute," Maddy said as she ran out of her house and towards the pack hospital. When she reached there, she found one of the doctors from Europe and gave the phone to him after telling him about who was on the call. Her mother spoke with the doctor for some time and after about five minutes, the doctor handed the phone back to Maddy.

"Tell the Alpha that I'm free now and I can come over at any time. Getting a plane ticket will be hard but-"

"They have a private plane," Maddy said. "I wasn't kidding when I said that werewolves were rich. They practically poop dollars."

Her mother chuckled and then told Maddy to let her know when she needed to leave so that she could pack and let the take leave from the hospital where she worked in.

Once Maddy let Justin know, he immediately started making arrangements for her flight. That evening, it was decided that her mother would be boarding the plane in the morning, the next day so that she could arrive by noon. 

A/N: So, I've decided that I'll be updating this book every Sunday and Wednesday. So make sure to add this book to your library so that you get notified when I update.

 So make sure to add this book to your library so that you get notified when I update