Chapter 22

Maddy and the others scoured the place and found Bruce and tooth-necklace lady walking at a little distance from where they were

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Maddy and the others scoured the place and found Bruce and tooth-necklace lady walking at a little distance from where they were. Maddy watched as the two of them entered a grocery store, chatting as they went.

"They are going shopping," Maddy stated incredulously. "Justin is going mad with worry about what Bruce's next plan would be and meanwhile, he is going shopping."

Alexa shrugged. "I guess villains also have to shop."

"So, what's our plan?" Maddy asked. Turning to where Alexa and Leia were standing and seeing a teenager and kid instead of two familiar faces, took some getting used to but Maddy was managing.

"As long as we are somewhat near Bruce and Elvira, we can hear their conversation but for that we need to enter the mall," Leia whispered. Leia couldn't really talk because it sounded weird to hear a matured voice coming from a ten-year-old so she settled with whispering it softly so that only Maddy and Alexa could hear.

Maddy and the others had divided into groups of two so that they could cover more area while searching for Bruce. While their group had found Bruce, Xander and Jeremy were still searching. Alexa quickly informed Jeremy and Xander about the where Bruce was and what they were going to do next through the packlink.

They all entered the mall, making sure to do so in different times so that they didn't look like they knew each other. Jeremy and Xander entered first followed by a few minutes later Alexa who went alone. Maddy and Leia were the last to enter. As soon as they entered, Maddy took one of the shopping carts that were near the entrance and stared navigating through the various aisles. Alexa found where Bruce and tooth-necklace lady were and was giving instructions on where to go through the packlink.

At that moment, Maddy felt like a spy on a mission. She was in a disguise, stalking the someone and trying to hear what the target was saying for crucial information. Just like how spies had wireless earphone earpieces through which they received instruction, she had the packlink. There was literally no difference. Except what her disguised self was wearing, which was a grey t-shirt having a pun on French fries printed on it in black as compared to the black leather suit that spies usually wore. The grocery store back drop wasn't helping her case either.

Maddy followed Alexa's instructions and found herself in the breakfast cereal aisle. She tilted her head slightly to the right and saw tooth-necklace lady going through the various boxes of cereal, trying to see which one she should choose. Maddy was so surprised on seeing one of the most dangerous people she had ever seen struggling to choose which flavor of Kellogg's cereal to take that she forgot that she was supposed to discreet and was left staring ta tooth-necklace lady with a wide jaw.

It wasn't until Leia nudged Maddy that she remembered what she was doing and quickly turned to the cereal boxes herself. She couldn't see the others nearby but she wasn't worried.

At that moment, Bruce came up to tooth-necklace lady with a box of biscuit and dropped it in the shopping cart that was in front of tooth-necklace lady. Maddy immediately kept her ears open, hoping that Bruce started discussing about his next plan of attack with tooth-necklace lady but was sorely disappointed. Bruce and tooth-necklace lady's conversation was painfully mundane.

Soon, Bruce and tooth-necklace lady left that aisle and went to another one. Maddy and Leia didn't dare to follow them. Bruce would get suspicious if she followed them.

Instead, she closed her eyes and asked Alexa to follow Bruce and tooth-necklace lady. It took a minute since she still didn't have enough practice of using the packlink but she managed to do it. With practice, in another week or two, she would be able to do it in a heartbeat with her eyes opened but for now, it was good enough.

Maddy roamed around the store along with Leia and stopped at spot close enough for Leia to hear Bruce and tooth-necklace lady and far enough so that they weren't in their field of vision. It was a pity that Maddy hadn't mastered the skill of super-hearing. Her training with Nadine now included some exercises to help her with her werewolf abilities but so far, she hadn't made much progress.

They didn't have another chance to overhear Bruce's conversation with tooth-necklace lady because they soon left the grocery store, piled into a car and drove away.

"Well, that was a blast," Maddy announced sarcastically "All they talked about was their grocery list. We gained absolutely no information."

They all were currently sitting in their car. They finished removing their disguises and now, had no idea on what to do next. They had reached a dead end. They could follow Bruce and tooth-necklace lady but Maddy doubted that they would find anything else useful. Bruce and tooth-necklace lady were having a father-daughter day or something and were not discussing anything about the rogues.

"Well then, I guess it is a good thing that I expected this to happen," Alexa said with a mischievous grin as she stuck her hand into her pocket and produced a brown, leather wallet.

"You did not," Maddy said with a gasp.

"Did you just pickpocket Bruce?" Jeremy hissed.

Alexa rolled her eyes. "Come on, it's not like I did this to steal money or anything."

"You realize that this is theft, right?"

Alexa sighed. "Will you guys listen first? We'll go through this and see if there is anything useful in here and if nothing, we at least have an excuse to go see him, in disguise, of course."

They all were rather skeptical at first but soon one by one, they all agreed that going through the wallet was their best bet. It wasn't like they hadn't done other dangerous things and besides, if their intention was good, it was fine, right?

They opened the wallet and checked if there was anything of use. They found some cash along with Bruce's driver's license but their most important discovery was a flight ticket. According to the ticket, Bruce was supposed to leave for Mexico in three days. Seeing the date, they all exchanged excited looks. They finally had a clue on what Bruce was planning next. 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Saving the Wolves (Madison Joshi and the Wolves series- Book 4)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें