Chapter 7

"Four bombs," Maddy repeated, unable to wrap her mind around that news as she glanced at the clock in the room

"Four bombs," Maddy repeated, unable to wrap her mind around that news as she glanced at the clock in the room. The bomb was going to burst at around 12 o'clock.

Alexa nodded. "They aren't able to escape. Remember the invisible prison? Bruce has a similar prison around domus lupi but this prison doesn't allow anyone to enter or leave the building."

"I don't suppose a werewolf can absorb the blast of a bomb and survive?"

Alexa shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. "They are going to die," she whispered.

"No way," Maddy asserted as she reached out to her phone in her pocket and pulled it out. "Tell Xander to pick his phone up."

Maddy called Xander and on the second ring, he picked up. "Hey," Xander said with a watery smile. Maddy could see that his was pale even through the video.

"Does anyone know how to diffuse a bomb?" Maddy asked in a rush.

"Huh?"

"The bombs. Does any of the werewolves in the building know how to diffuse the bombs?"

Xander nodded. "Yeah, it is part of the Alpha training although none of us are trained professionally."

Maddy raised an eyebrow. They learnt how to diffuse bombs as part of training? That wasn't normal. Then again, they were werewolves. They weren't exactly 'normal' either.

"Listen, Maddy," Xander said with a sigh as he ran his hand through is hair. "If I don't make it out, I-"

"How many bombs have you found till now?" Maddy interrupted. She didn't want to think about the what ifs cause if she did, she would definitely start crying. All her friends were in the building, not to mention the number werewolves who would lose their lives because of Bruce's stubbornness. Maddy didn't even want to think about what would happen to Alexa. Her father and brother were in the building and her mother was in a coma. Her whole family was being messed with by someone who was once a close family friend.

"We've found one and luckily we managed to diffuse it. Everyone's trying to search for them. Normally, werewolves can easily find bombs. Our enhanced hearing makes it easy for us to hear the ticking sound of the bomb but Bruce must have done something with them cause the bomb makes no sound."

"That's good right? One bomb down, three to go."

"Yeah, but we aren't able to find any," Xander said.

Maddy asked a few more questions regarding the bombs and cut the call. Xander had to search for the bombs and Maddy didn't want to disturb him. By then, Alexa had gotten hold of her emotions and once again, put on a mask of indifference.

"We should go," Alexa said as she tied up her hair. "We need to inform the rest of the pack."

The two of them went out and Alexa managed to make all the pack members gather in five minutes. Alexa broke the news to the rest of the pack. The moment the pack came to know, all hell broke loose. People started sharing worried glances and some even started crying. One pack member decided that they he would fly all the way to the London to rescue the Alpha. While their loyalty was adorable and everything, that was illogical. On second thought, telling the pack bad news hadn't exactly been a great idea. Mass panic is never a good idea.

It wasn't until Nadine ordered everyone to keep quiet that the crowd quietened. Being the Delta, she was now the most dominant pack member in the pack, and it was her job to take care of the pack while the Alpha and Beta were away. She reassured everyone that everything would be fine and then dismissed the crowd. Once most of the crowd had dispersed, Nadine took Alexa and Maddy aside.

"Give me all the details," she told and together, Maddy and Alexa told Nadine about everything. Once they were done Nadine turned to Maddy. "You told that the matefinder was a faerie, isn't it?"

When Maddy nodded, she continued, "If another faerie was able to break the prison for Bruce, the matefinder should be able to break the prison in London."

Nadine's idea was brilliant. The three of them rushed to the open courtyard. Nadine got the bowl used for summoning the matefinder. While Maddy and Alexa waited, Nadine performed the ceremony and chanted what Maddy assumed to be a faerie spell. Once it was done, everyone waited expectantly for the matefinder's house to show up but nothing happened.

After waiting for half a minute, Maddy turned to Nadine. "What happened? Why isn't it working?" They were already on a time constraint. There was barely fifteen minutes left. They couldn't waste any time.

"The matefinder must have decided not to show up," Alexa growled as she tapped her legs on the ground, impatiently. "Now what do we do? Time is running out."

They tried performing the ceremony again but once again the matefinder didn't show up.

"Hold on," Nadine said as her eyes glazed over.

After a minute, Nadine started speaking. "Everything is fine. They've found only two bombs until now but apparently, there was a special underground bunker created for such kind of cases. All werewolves are moving into the bunker so that they remain safe during the blast."

Maddy frowned. "Are we sure that it will keep them safe? We don't know the blast radius of the bombs."

Nadine was once again going to ask the Alpha through the packlink when Maddy stopped her. Instead of Nadine behaving like an owl, delivering messages, Maddy just called Xander's phone. When Xander didn't pick up, Maddy worriedly called Leia's phone.

"Hey," Leia said, her voice muffled because of the other noises in the background. "Don't worry. All of us are safe and we are just moving into the bunker."

"Have you checked for bombs around the bunker? You wouldn't want to be in the blast radius," Alexa asked Leia.

"Yup. Three search parties searched the place around the bunker. It is completely safe."

"What about inside the bunker?" Maddy asked.

"I don't think anyone's checked inside the bunker. No one other than the wolves on the Council knew that such a bunker was even there. Bruce won't know about it. I'm sure that it is safe."

Maddy bit her lip. "Still. Better be safe than sorry. Someone should search the inside also."

Leia put herself in mute and a few seconds later she unmuted. "Done. A search party is checking the inside just in case. I'll call you later. Dad's calling."

Alexa seemed to have relaxed after that call. "They'll be fine," she said out loud, trying to reassure both herself and Maddy.

 "They'll be fine," she said out loud, trying to reassure both herself and Maddy