Chapter 5

The next day morning found Maddy sitting in her room, writing her Wattpad storybook, or at least trying to write

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The next day morning found Maddy sitting in her room, writing her Wattpad storybook, or at least trying to write. She had run out of all ideas and her new chapter was empty. Maddy kept staring at the blank screen, hoping to get struck by an idea when she heard the front door of her house open. Maddy got out of her chair to check who it was and found Xander standing there.

"Hey," Maddy said as she turned around and started walking to the room where she was in, with Xander following her.

"Don't you think this house is a little too small for two people to be living here?" Xander asked as he looked around Maddy's room.

Maddy waved her hand dismissively. "That's unnecessary. Mom and I are perfectly fine, living here."

Maddy and her mom were now roomies. Now that her mom too was staying in the pack headquarters for a few days, she was bunking with Maddy. It felt good to be living with her mom. That was literally the only similar thing in her life from before when she learned that werewolves existed.

"So, have you finished packing all your stuff?" Maddy asked.

The Werewolf Council meeting that Tristan had mentioned, was in fact being held in two days in London and everyone who was attending had to reach there by the next day. Justin, the Beta of the pack and his wife, Xander, Jeremy and Leia were going from the Amalthea pack. It was basically a meeting for the most dominant members of each pack where they would be discussing on what to do with the Bruce situation.

Tristan had come over to California as he and Tristan were going to petition for the better treatment of the rogues and to start accepting as normal werewolves. They were getting their pitch ready to convince the other Alphas. Meanwhile, Xander, Jeremy and Leia were going to observe how such a meeting proceeds and all the rules and formalities so that in the future, when they were leading the pack, they had some idea on what to do and what not to do.

"Don't remind me about the meeting," Xander said with a sigh as he sat down on Maddy's bed. "It is going to be so boring that I'll most probably doze off."

"I for one, am just glad that I don't have to sit next to you in the flight to London," Maddy said, teasingly.

Xander smirked. "We both know that it is a lie. You love sitting beside moi."

Maddy patted Xander's head. "Keep telling yourself that."

Xander blew a raspberry towards Maddy.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to ask you something," Xander said and then paused. Maddy waited for him to continue but when he didn't, she nudged him. "Am I supposed to mindread the question or something?"

"Do you want to join the pack this full moon itself?" Xander asked. 

"This full moon?" Maddy asked in shock.

Xander nodded. "We've got the permission of the Werewolf Council so we can do it whenever you want. Since you mom is also here for the next few days, we could do it this full moon, if you are fine with it, of course."

"Are you kidding me?" Maddy said with barely concealed excitement. "Of course, I'm ready. I was ready from the day I discovered that werewolves were real."

"The full moon is next week so once we come back from the meeting in London, we'll have it done."

"So, what would I need to do?" Maddy asked eagerly. "Do I need to make a blood sacrifice? Or do I need to pass some test? In a book, the girl has to live in the wild for a week as a test to see if she was worthy of joining the pack. If that's the case, I definitely won't be able to pass the test."

"There is no test of any sort," Xander assured her. "I can't imagine living in the wild for a week, either. Who would I use my pick-up lines on?"

"Ha ha ha. You are so funny," Maddy said sarcastically.

Xander grinned widely. "Glad to know that you enjoy my hilariousness."

Suddenly, an idea struck Maddy and she jumped out of her bed and rushed to her table. She quickly sat in front of her laptop and began typing. Something about what Xander said sparked an idea on how to continue her story's plot and Maddy quickly started writing it down on Wattpad in case, she forgot it.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Xander whined as he waved his hand widely to catch Maddy's attention.

"One minute. Just got an idea," Maddy muttered as she continued typing furiously. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Xander get up and walk behind her. She turned around to see Xander reading what she was writing from over her shoulder.

Xander gasped. "Sophia and Matt are finally getting together!?"

Maddy immediately tried to cover the screen, her cheeks turning red. "You aren't supposed to read it before I publish it. This is just the rough draft," she mumbled with embarrassment. Maddy always felt weird when people read her stuff before she had a chance to go through it herself and see whether it was proper or not.

"You need to tell me how that happens," Xander begged. "You can't leave me hanging like that?"

"Nope," Maddy said with an evil smile. "You'll get to know next week, like the other readers."

Xander kept on begging and finally Maddy relented. She gave him a detailed account of how the main couple in her book would get together.

"So, what do you think?" Maddy asked. "Is it good enough?"

Xander nodded with a grin. "In the middle of the battle, huh? Sounds fancy."

"In the beginning of the battle," Maddy corrects him. "Just before the war starts, they'll have their moment and then they'll fight. Kind of cliché but I can't help it. I am a sucker for clichés."

"I for one, am just glad that they are finally becoming a couple."

For the next hour Maddy and Xander talked about her story with Maddy telling him parts of the plot and Xander giving his review. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.