Chapter 6

All the werewolves going to the meeting in London left early in the morning the next day

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

All the werewolves going to the meeting in London left early in the morning the next day. Maddy had wished them a happy journey the night before itself and by the time she woke up the next morning, they had halfway reached London.

Since Maddy and Alexa were the only one who were left, they decided to have a girl's night out. Justin had given Alexa some money to spend, provided that she didn't try to sneak into the plane. Maddy and Alexa spent that money to go to the theatre and watch a movie and then they treated themselves to a meal. Since Justin was paranoid, a werewolf guard trailed behind them a few feet behind. Far enough to not disturb them but close enough to intervene in case a rogue decided to attack. Nevertheless, the two of them managed to have a lot of fun. They spent the whole day outside and by the time they came back, they were too tired to do anything

"We should have clicked a picture when we were out yesterday," Alexa said mournfully, the next day. "Xander would have been so jealous. Right now, he is probably in a room filled with stuck up werewolves, trying to make small talk."

"Have you ever been to such a meeting?" Maddy asked curiously.

Alexa nodded. "Once when I was small. I don't remember the entire thing but what I do remember is that the meeting is extremely boring. The meeting is always held in a building in London called the domus lupi which roughly translates to 'the house of wolves.' That is the building of the Werewolf Council and it is huge and heavily guarded. No one can enter until they've been thoroughly checked.

Once you enter, you'll normally need to wait until a person on the Council agrees to meet you. When I visited, a meeting for the Alphas and Betas was going on so we didn't need to wait. The building has three floors and on the third floor, you have the room where all the Alphas and Betas gather."

"You know a lot about all this," Maddy said, impressed. Even after months of trying to learn about werewolves, Maddy still had so much left to learn.

"Besides all the normal subjects, all werewolves have a separate subject call 'werewolf.' Very creative name, I know. The subject basically covers all topics under the sun which are related to werewolves."

"Wow," Maddy said. "So, are there like separate secret divisions of the school which teach these subjects? Leia studied in my school so my school also must have some kind of secret division."

Alexa laughed. "There is nothing like that. Although that would have been so much cooler. We learn all this in Saturdays and Sundays when there is no school, which is completely unfair if you ask me. You'll have to learn all this too after you join the pack. The werewolf book teaching you about the pack rules is only the beginning. There is many more things you have to learn."

While they were in the topic of joining the pack, Maddy told Alexa excitedly about how she would be joining the pack in the next week. The two of them talked for some more time before they decided to go to the club house and play some of the indoor games there.

The two of them decided to play table tennis. Maddy wasn't very good at the game. In fact, that would be an overstatement. She was straight up terrible at it. She lacked coordination and barely knew the rules. Alexa on the other hand, was an expert. Combined with her werewolf speed, she absolutely thrashed Maddy.

They were playing a second round, when all of a sudden Alexa froze. Maddy too stopped playing and looked questioningly at Alexa. When she saw that Alexa's eyes weren't focusing on anything and were glazed over, Maddy realized that she was talking through the packlink. Probably with her dad or Xander, if she were to guess.

Maddy watched as Alexa's expression morphed into one of shock and panic. Startled, Maddy looked at Alexa trying to figure what happened. Maddy wished that she too could talk through the packlink and figure out what was going on but she was completely clueless. Alexa's reaction scared Maddy.

The moment Alexa's eyes un-glazed, Maddy helped Alexa on to a chair. Tears pooled in her eyes as she furiously wiped them away.

"What happened?" Maddy asked softly and cautiously, as her heart thumped loudly in her heart. What could possibly have happened that made Alexa cry? She hadn't even cried when her mother fell into a coma.

"Dad told me that... he told that," Alexa stopped talking to wipe her tears as she gripped Maddy's hand tightly.

Maddy wanted to ask what happened but she needed to make sure that Alexa was alright. Maddy grabbed hold of the bottle that she had brought in case they got tired after playing tennis and handed it to Alexa. Once Alexa had calmed down somewhat, Maddy asked her about what happened as she thought of all the different things that could have gone wrong.

"The firsts session of the meeting was about to start when one guard caught a rogue sneaking out of the domus lupi."

"Bruce attacked the building?" Maddy asked, shocked. Alexa told that the building was heavily guarded. How could a rogue have gotten inside? Then again, Bruce was an excellent hacker and if the building defense was anything like the jail-building Amalthea Pack had, Bruce could have easily messed with the machines.

Alexa shook her head. "Not an attack. It is so much worse. The guards questioned the rogue on how he entered the building and after forcing him to speak, they found out that the rogue hadn't come to attack but he had come to hide some bombs in the building."

"You are telling me that the building has bombs in it?" Maddy asked faintly.

"Four bombs that are about to blast in half an hour and all the exits of the building have been sealed off." 

" 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.