Chapter 2

"But my king, you need to find a queen and produce an heir." Kenzo advised. "I know. Yet, all of the girls you have presented to me have nothing that I desire. One could be comedic but yet never serious. Another could be beautiful but very evil." Zuko said.

"But my king-" Zuko raised his hand. "He is right Zuko. You must find a queen soon." Enkai told him. "I do not need another lecture from you as well." Zuko groaned. "It is true." Enkai said. Zuko rubbed his temples. "I can not deal with you two right now. I need to go out and be alone." "My king, it is very dangerous out there. You need protection." Kenzo advised.

"I have been trained under the dragon's eye. I am more than capable then to protect myself." Zuko left the throne room. "What are we going to do about this?" Kenzo frowned. Enkai placed his hand on Kenzo's shoulder. "I know my brother. He will find her when he does." Enkai assured him. Zuko walked through the old blossom garden of which his younger sister used to visit often. "Narumi." He whispered as he picked up a dead blossom.

"I should have been there." Distant singing caught the young king's attention. Zuko followed the sweet sound. Zuko found himself in the cemetery where people of the village were usually buried. Zuko's eyes traveled around the cemetery.

He saw a fair woman crouching down in front of a grave. "Excuse me?" Zuko said. The woman stood up, sword trained on his neck. Zuko didn't even flinch at all. The woman's eyes softened once she realised who it was. "I am sorry my king. I did not know that it was you." The woman withdrew her sword. "Everything is fine. At least you have very good instincts." Zuko told her.

He examined her face. The woman had dark skin, beautiful brown eyes, and wild curly hair with a strip of red hair. She was very curvy and had little muscle in her legs and arms. She was beautiful. "Makaira Sato, your majesty. I am one of the soldiers that returned home." Makaira bowed. Zuko bowed to her as well. The two stood. "I would like to congratulate you and the others on your victory." "Thank you." Makaira smiled brightly. "If I may, why are you out here alone?" Makaira asked. "I decided to take a walk. I wished to be alone." Zuko said.

"I can leave you, if you wish to be alone." Zuko shook his head. "I would not mind your company." Makaira nodded. The two walked. "So tell me, what is your family life like?" "I used to live with my father, uncle, grandmother, and my older cousin as a child. I trained under my father and uncle alongside my cousin. Years passed, and now it is just my cousin and I." Makaira told him. "What about your mother?" "My mother died when I was in my early teens." Makaira frowned.

"What about you?" "I am the eldest out of four children. My mother took in my younger brothers when they were just infants. My younger sister and I are the only biological children of the royal family. Makaira and Zuko sat down on the grass. Zuko watched the clouds. Makaira looked at him. "Speak your mind." "Something seems wrong. Why did you walk all the way out here, my king?" Makaira questioned.

"I am forced to find a wife and produce an heir to the throne. None of the maidens that have been presented to me have caught my attention." "I pray that you find your perfect queen." "Thank you." The wind blew. Makaira and Zuko sat in silence. "I should head back." Makaira said. Zuko helped Makaira. "I don't not need you to guide me back. I know where I am going." Makaira nodded.

"Return safe, my king." The pair bowed before going in different directions. "Tonight, there will be a celebration for all returning soldiers. I hope to see you there." "Yes, your majesty."