Chapter 19

"How can you be so certain about something like this? We do not even know if it is one of our people." Sakura said. "I can not think of anyone else outside of our kingdom that would want to kill him and take over my kingdom. It has to be someone within these grassy lands." Zuko replied.

"But my lord, why would anyone inside our lands want to be the ruler when all adore you?" Kenzo asked. Zuko could only shrug.

"Who knows but all I know is that this kingdom will be under my rule until my last breath." The doors flung open. "Zuko!" Makaira ran inside the room."Makaira?" Makaira ran into his awaiting arms.

"What is wrong?" "The twins! They were taken by some strange man while we were enjoying our time together." Makaira began to sob.

"Man? What strange man?" Makaira didn't answer. She only continued to sob. Zuko forced her to look at him "Makaira, what strange man?" He asks calmly.

"Some man with red eyes somehow entered the spa and started to talk to us.The way Enkai spoke to him it seemed like there was some history there that I do not know. Kasai and Enkai told me to run even though I refused at first but Kasai told me to come to you. I should have stayed!"

Zuko wrapped his arms around her. "Shhh, it is okay." "No it is not okay! I could have stayed and helped them." "Then you would have been taken as well. Makaira, the boys saved you. There was nothing you could do." Sakura said.

"But there is something that we can do now, did you learn the man's name?" Zuko asked. "Kira. I think his name was Kira." Makaira told him. Kenzo's eyes traveled to Zuko.

"My lord, could it be him?" "It has to be him." "What are you talking about? What has to be him?" Sakura questioned.

"A long time ago, I believe I was around the age of seven, I had a friend named Kira. He was of royal parents from a neighboring kingdom that is not far from here. Kira and I used to play together. Even as a child I knew something was off about him. Whenever he had to go home, Kira would have this evil red in his eye. His eyes were not always red, only when he was angry but I guess now evilness has completely taken over him to the point his eyes are completely red. Kira is many things but being a good person is not one of them. Now I am certain. Kira was the one who killed Haruto. He shot that arrow, striking him in the neck and killing him." Zuko told them.

"So you were not the one who killed him?" Zuko backed away from Makaira. "You thought I killed him and how did you find out about Haruto's death?" Zuko's eyes instantly went to Sakura.

"I did not tell her." "Kira said that you killed him but now that I see your face, I believe he is lying." She frowned. "We have to go after them, my lord. Only the one above knows what he could be doing to them, mainly Enkai." Zuko nodded.

"I know where he could still possibly be." "How can you be so certain?" "I know Kira, he has to be there. Ready the men and the horses." Kenzo bowed.

"I will help." Sakura offered. "Thank you." Sakura and Kenzo left Makaira and Zuko alone. "You do know that I am going along as well?" "I do." Makaira sighed.

"This battle that we are about to enter is going to be a tough one. If I do not make it, I want you to know that I love you and loved every minute that I shared with you."

"Do not speak like that. Both you and I will make it." "I pray so." Zuko leaned his forehead against hers. "We will. I promise."