Epilogue

(Three years later)

"The queen has given birth! A young princess has been born!" A messenger shouted. The crowd below roared and cheered. Meanwhile in the royal bedroom, a sweaty and tired Makaira held a young and pure baby girl.

She knew not of the cruelties of the world. She knew nothing but her mother's touch. A knock came from the door. "Enter." Zuko and a young kitsune named Sora entered the bedroom.

"How are you feeling, my love?" Zuko asks, kissing her temple. "Tired." She answered. "Would you like to hold her?" Zuko nodded. Makaira placed the baby into his arms. Zuko smiled down at his daughter. Sora peeped over Zuko's shoulder to look at the baby.

"Who is this?" Sora asked. "Your baby sister." Makaira told him? Sora's ears and his tails perked up at hearing this. Makaira smiled gently at the young boy's reaction. "Come here." Sora climbed onto the bed and sat next to his mother.

Zuko handed the baby over to Makaira. "Hold your arms like this." Makaira told the boy.  Sora followed her orders. Makaira gently placed the baby in his arms. The young princess yawned and opened her eyes to look into Sora's blue eyes.

"Have you thought of a name?" Makaira shook her head. "No. Have you?" Zuko shook his head as well. "What about you Sora?" Sora examined the baby's face. "Kai'sa. We should name her Kai'sa." Sora said.

"Kai'sa. I like that name." Zuko approved. "Kai'sa it is." Makaira took Sora and Kai'sa into her arms. Zuko wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulders.

"I love you. All of you." He kissed Makaira's temple while he kissed Sora's and Kai'sa's cheek. "And we love you as well."

The young royal family sat together, enjoying each other's company, sharing and creating memories for more years to come. What could go wrong?