Chapter 16

For the past few days, Makaira kept her eyes on Sanada. He didn't do anything out of the ordinary, making Makaira start to question if she was just overreacting or not.

"Something on your mind, Ms. Makaira?" Makaira looked over her shoulder. The child that she healed a month ago stood there.

He looked healthier. "Not really." Makaira replied. Silence fell between them. The child examined her face.

"I can tell when something is bothering someone. If you do not mind, may I ask what it is?" Makaira sighed. "My cousin. He has been acting very strange ever since he came back from training." Makaira said. "Strange?"

"Random scars appeared on his back and there are a few on his arm. He claims it is from sparring but for some reason I do not believe him."

The child chuckled. "I do not believe they are from sparring. I believe they are from a woman." A red tint came across her face. "A woman? What do you mean from a woman?" 

The child chuckled again. "He may have been "sparring" with a woman." The blush on her face became redder. "How do you know what "sparring" is? You are just a child." Makaira questioned.

"I am only twelve. My parents told me about making love. I am mature enough." Makaira chuckled. "I just realized, I never asked your name. What is it?" "My name is Kenji."

Makaira smiled. "I like that name. It fits you." Kenji grinned proudly. Makaira returned the grin. "He is leaving." Sakura said. Makaira quickly turned her head. Sanada was leaving the market.

"No sign of a woman." Sakura told her. Makaira narrowed her eyes. Where are you going? "I should go." Makaira snapped out of her trance. "Sorry?" "I have to go before my mother becomes worried."

Makaira nodded. "Be safe, Kenji." "I will." Kenji walked away. Makaira looked back down to the markets. No sign of Sanada. Sakura appeared beside her.

"Do you see him?" "Nowhere in sight." Sakura answered. "Take me to the castle please." Sakura nodded. Sakura grabbed Makaira and began to fly away.