Chapter 5

Zuko's mind wandered as his brothers and Kenzo talked. His mind was wrapped around Makaira. Her smile. Her eyes. Her beautiful, smooth skin. Everything.

"My king?" Zuko snapped out of his trance. "Yes?" "Are you alright?" "Of course. Why would I not?" Zuko asked. "Ever since you danced with Makaira, you have not been able to focus." Enkai said.

A tiny tint of red came across his face. Kasai smiled. "I believe I know what has gotten into him. He feels for her." Zuko quickly looked away. More red came to his face.

"I do suppose that I am correct." Kasai chuckled. "My king, I believe that we have found our future queen." Kenzo said. "What nonsense are you blabbering?" Zuko questioned.

"It is obvious that you are head over heels for her. Why not ask her on a date?" Zuko scoffed and turned towards the family portrait.

His eyes scanned the once young faces. He stopped when his eyes landed on Narumi's. He gently smiled. "If she was still here, she would encourage you as well." Enkai told him. Zuko sighed.

"I will ask her but only if you will get off my back." The twins along with Kenzo chuckled. Zuko rolled his eyes. "Send her a letter and tell her to meet me at the blossom tree on the hill, where the sun shines the most of its light." He ordered. "Yes, my king." Zuko turned his attention back to the family portrait. Narumi's eyes staring back into his. If only you were here, he thought.