Chapter 15

Zuko sat down in front of Narumi's grave. His hands were on his knees as he hung his head. "Narumi," his voice wasn't over a mere whisper, "I am dreadfully sorry that I was unable to protect you. As the king, I should be able to protect everyone in my kingdom but as your older brother, I should have protected you. I should be the one in the ground, not you!" Zuko sighed and his head hung.

Tears started to fall from his eyes. "Forgive me Narumi. What kind of brother am I?" Zuko began to cry. "You are a great brother." Zuko gasped. He felt a light hand on his shoulder. Zuko looked over his shoulder.

Narumi stood there, offering him the gentlest smile that she could give. Narumi backed away as Zuko slowly rose to his feet. "Na-Narumi?" "Hello Zuko." Her hand gently touched his cheek. "It has been a while." Zuko collapsed into her arms.

He cried as his arms wrapped around different parts of her upper body. Narumi ran her pale fingers through his long brown hair. "I am sorry! I am so sorry! Forgive me!" He cried. "I already have, Zuko. It was not your fault." She said.

"But you are not alive! Someone killed you!" "I am aware that you feel guilty of my death but there was nothing that you could do that could have prevented it. Understand that I do wish I was never murdered but it was in my book. My book of life says that I would be murdered." She told him.

Zuko didn't utter a word as his sobs continued. Narumi just stroked his hair until he calmed down. Zuko stood up straight. His cognac eyes met her yellow eyes.

Her eyes soon turned a reddish violet color. Her skin became fair as her hair became brown. She looked as youthful as she did all those years ago. "Beautiful." Zuko said.

He pulled Narumi into his arms, hugging her tightly. Narumi returned the gesture. The siblings pulled away. "Zuko, you have a good heart. You have amazing friends. Amazing warriors but most of all, you have an amazing wife."

"Wife?" Narumi nodded. "She is the one you will marry, Zuko. I can tell by how Makaira feels about you and how you feel about her. I have visited her multiple times and I can tell, she is the one that will be your wife." Narumi said.

Zuko smiled at the thought of Makaira becoming her bride. He was far into his thoughts to notice Narumi slowly fading. "I must go, Zuko." Zuko snapped out of his thoughts. "Wait! Do not leave." He held her hand.

"As much as I would love to stay, I must go. I love you, Zuko." "I love you too." Narumi disappeared into thin air. Zuko felt something in his hand. His family crest rested in his hand. He kissed the crest before holding it to his heart.

"I will avenge you, Narumi. I promise you." Zuko looked at Narumi's grave one last time before walking away.