Chapter 2

You don't know how long it's been. You find you don't need food to survive. Or water for that matter. But still, your stomach hurts and you long for a meal. The same way you long to breathe. It's these basic things you do that make you feel alive.

However, you don't want to leave this darkness. It's safe in here. No one can see you in here. You don't have to face anyone.

But, eventually, your boredom gets the best of you. You long for something, anything to do.

The burns on your arms won't heal, and the bleeding won't stop. It's like you are permanently stuck in the state you were in when you died. It still hurts.

You really don't know how long it's been, but you're guessing at least a month. Sometimes it feels like it's been years. Sometimes it feels like it's only been a day. So, you finally summon all your courage and step out.

Thankfully, no one's there. You're silently grateful, then start walking around. You don't know if there's food down here. Probably not, since people don't need it, but you search anyway. You don't like the idea of never being able to eat again. You don't want to have to deal with this starving feeling for the rest of your after-game.

You continue walking around the back of the palace. You can't help but be slightly fascinated at the size of the Underwhere. But you suppose it makes sense. It has to be huge to hold all these souls.

You wonder how it doesn't get overcrowded.

You continue walking, seeing a light purple fog cover the ground. It goes up to your knees, giving the whole place an eerie vibe.

Then...

You hear footsteps behind you and instantly snap around to see no one there. You can hear your heartbeat in your ears. It's very dark here, but not quite as dark as the cave. There is an eerie purple glow illuminating the land which gives you enough light to see.

"Hello?" You quietly ask, shocking yourself with how small and weak you sound. Since you've been alone it's been a while since you've heard your own voice.

No one replies. Perhaps you're just hearing things. You continue walking, only to hear more footsteps. You immediately freeze again and turn around. "Hello?!" You ask, slightly more annoyed this time.

But still, you see nothing.

You walk more, then hear whistling. You stop and turn, seeing a welder's helmet quickly disappear down into the fog. You sprint over and grab the man's collar, pulling him above the fog.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" You scream. The guy holds his hands out in front of him when you throw him backward and step a few steps back. "WHO ARE YOU," You demand. "AND WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?!" You hold your hands up like how you used to when preparing a magical attack. Of course, down here your magic is useless, but still, the stance is threatening. Or, it at least should be threatening. If you really think about it, you probably just look ridiculous. You don't have enough body mass to actually look all that threatening. It was one of your strengths while you were alive. You were able to go unnoticed since you were so small and quiet about your true ambitions.

He immediately stands himself up and flips the helmet up so it isn't covering his face. "Wait, wait, wait! Dimentio, it's me! It's just me!!"

You freeze and look at him. You recognize those eyes and that stache. You groan and lower your guard. "Mr. L??" You ask, trying not to sound shocked.

He's covered in matching burns.

He nervously scratches the back of his head. His speech seems somewhat rushed and breathy. Much more so than when he was alive. You're half convinced that this isn't Mr. L you're talking to, but Luigi. However, you know that this is not the case because you saw Luigi get thrown out as Super Dimentio went up in flames. Lucky jerk.