Chapter 7

"Did you enjoy everything?" Bleck asks you. You instantly forget about feeling rejected and remember all the wonders you've seen here. Finding out your true name, all the artifacts, the sky, the garden, O'Chunks, Mimi,

A Mr. L who listens.

"Yes! It was so amazing. I found things that I didn't even know about myself. And the stars and moon were so... well, Magical!" You beam.

"You like it here, don't you, my King." He says. You immediately nod. "Yes. Very much so. It's far superior to that imperfect mess I currently call home," You chuckle.

"I'm glad you think so," He says. "You know... you could stay here forever. THIS could be your home if you wanted."

"Wait?" You ask, eyes lighting up at the thought. "You mean that?"

"Why of course," Nastasia adds. "We can play the piano, play games, Bleck will cook your favorite foods, we'll give you anything you could ever dream of!"

They pull out your chair and sit you down at the dinner table. "Really?!" You ask, excited by the idea of not having to ever go back to that wasteland you were in before, where nothing interesting or worthwhile ever happens. Where the world is filled with flaws.

"Yes," Bleck says. "There's just one tiny thing you need to do."

"What is it?" You ask, excited.

"It's a surprise!" Nastasia sings, pushing your chair in behind you. Then, she stands across the table from you, standing next to Bleck. Bleck beams then reaches down to grab a small box. It's wrapped in wrapping paper, a red bow tied neatly at the top, like a Christmas gift.

"What's this?" You ask, a smile on your face. "You got me a gift?"

"Yes," Bleck responds, handing you the box. "It's for you, our King."

You tear the paper off and open the box to see-

Your smile fades and a confused expression sweeps across your masked face.

There are two yellow gems in the box, along with a needle and thread.

"Yellow is traditional," Bleck starts. "But if you prefer red... or blue... or purple!"

You look up at him, as he laughs to himself.

"No, not purple. You might make me jealous," He chuckles.

"NO WAY!" You say, immediately pushing the box away from you. "You're not sowing gems into my eyes!!!"

"Oh, but we need a yes," Bleck politely says. "If you want to stay here."

"Yeah," Nastasia says, picking up the needle and pressing it to her thumb. "It's so sharp, you won't feel a thing!"

Bleck casts her a quick glare and steps on her foot, causing her to yelp a quick, "Ow!"

Then they both smile again. Bleck takes the box and places it in your hands. "Now, it's your decision, my king. After all, we only want what is best for you."

"Uhhh," You start, feeling more uncomfortable by the minute. "I'm going to bed! Right now!"

You stand up, backing away as they both cast you confused looks. "Bed?" Bleck asks. "Before dinner," Nastasia adds.

"Yeah, I uh, I'm quite tired," You say, backing away more. You force yourself to yawn. "I just need... to sleep on it."

"Well, of course, my king. We'd be happy to see you to your room," Bleck says.

"Oh, no thank you! Y-you've already done so much!"

"Well, you're welcome." He says, smiling warmly at you. "And don't worry. I..." He quickly grabs Nastasia by the arm. "WE, aren't worried at all. Soon you'll see things... our way."