Chapter 9

Third Person POV

Flashback

"Hey, L. I think I'm going to ask Bleck when the food will be here," Dimentio says, starting down the hall. Mr. L thinks about this a moment, then suddenly grabs your arm Dimentio's arm. The jester looks back at him and gives him a somewhat confused glance.

Mr. L keeps the smile on his face but finds it harder to continue smiling like this. He's not supposed to do this. Technically, he doesn't think he's supposed to actually have thoughts. Or feelings for that matter. No one else in this world has thoughts or feelings besides Bleck, and that's because he's the only one in control. But...

He points to the door which leads to the stairs to the roof of the castle.

He has to show him the other door. But in a way where the Alternate Bleck wouldn't become suspicious. He couldn't just bring Dimentio to it, or he'd surely be found out and punished. But maybe if Dimentio just sees the other door, sees the Overthere door, he could figure out that this world was not just designed for him, but a trap for many souls.

"Huh? Oh, you want to go upstairs?" Dimentio asks. Mr. L nods, still holding the jester's arm and leading Dimentio up to the roof. "Alright," Dimentio chuckles.

Once they get to the roof, he lets go. The eyes in the sky glow as the yellow stars glare down at the alternate man in green. But he has to ignore all the eyes on him.

He doesn't quite know what showing Dimentio the door will do. He doesn't know why he's doing this. He was designed to be a part of the trap. To be another reason Dimentio would want to stay. So why is he acting differently? Why does he FEEL things?

He never knew why he could feel things when the others couldn't. And he could never ask anyone since Bleck designed him without his speaking ability. Perhaps he was designed with feelings since he was designed without a voice. It was something Bleck didn't get rid of since Mr. L couldn't talk to express those feelings anyway.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Dimentio asks him. He nods, then holds out his hand. He has to get him to the place he can see the door. He needs to show it to him. Once Dimentio takes his hand, he quickly leads him around the top of the roof to a small plank of wood that leans over the edge of the palace. He lets Dimentio go, then quickly walks out onto it. He has to be fast before the Manguer realizes what he's doing. He walks out to the edge of the plank and breathes a sigh of relief when he sees the Overthere door past the garden. It's small, and hard to see unless you look. He turns to face Dimentio, smiles more sincerely now, waving his hand, gesturing for the jester to follow.

Dimentio seems to hesitate, frowning slightly. As if he's afraid of falling.

The alternate Mr. L is envious of that frown. He's envious of Dimentio being able to convey his emotions. Oh, how nice it must be... to be real.

The jester slowly steps out onto the plank, holding out his arms to stay balanced as he walks.

Mr. L can't help but forget everything else at the moment and beam at Dimentio. It's incredibly adorable that he feels the need to hold his arms out. Even if he were to fall, Bleck would surely catch him to keep the image of a perfect world up. He surely wouldn't let 'the king,' get hurt in this place by anything other than himself, or he could risk Dimentio not wanting to come back. No, he wouldn't lay a finger on Dimentio until after the Jester would begin to doubt the sincerity of this world.

A small breeze blows, causing the jester's movement with his feet to become uneven as he tries to counter the wind while walking. He trips and falls forward, a flash of terror covering his face.