Chapter 3

You don't really sleep. You just lie in the darkness and stare up at the ceiling. You're still hungry. Thinking about food makes you remember all the terrible food they'd serve at Castle Bleck. Nastasia always overscheduled, so there never was time for anyone to actually prepare a well-done, proper meal. You could have snapped your fingers, magically making a meal, but that food never tasted quite as good as food actually prepared by hand. 

You think of all Nastasia's constant scheduling. It really did get annoying. You hated it. That, and the fact that you were always below the Count. No one was ever more important than him. He was always on top, and it made your blood boil. Especially when he didn't deserve to be on top. He didn't deserve it! He was a questionable leader at best, letting his own grief and emotions blind him. Grambi, you hate him. You're almost glad he went missing down here.

Although you don't understand how. Where could he go down here? You're all trapped!

Trapped, with no escape...

Speaking of Count Bleck, or as he was now going by, Blumiere, (You don't like using his actual name when thinking of him because you've known him as Count Bleck for so long. Calling him Blumiere seems unnatural.) Why exactly did he have a doll of you? It was pretty weird. What, did he just have a creepy obsession with you? You shudder at the thought, then go to reach for it, only to find,

"Hey, where'd it go?" You ask no one in particular when you find the doll is not with you. You look around the room when you see it lying in front of the boulder blocking the entrance to the cave. You sigh and get up to get it when you look at the small amount of purple light streaming through the cracks of the boulder.

The light purple glowing through the cracks almost looks brighter than before. You can see the shining light relfect of the doll's inaccurate eyes.

Go to the door...

You raise a masked eyebrow and look up from the doll at the rock in front of you. Then, without taking another moment to think, you push the boulder aside and start walking, leaving the doll behind.

You continue to walk, the purple fog seeming to glow. It almost looked pretty. It felt warmer than before too. More enticing. You feel almost... enchanted as you walk. It reminds you of what it felt like to be alive.

Although you don't know why. You're just walking.

You walk to that spot where the eyes are carved into the wall and stop. As if on instinct, you pull out the key, kneeling down to the tiny door and unlocking it.

You hear a quiet click, then you slowly pull the door open. It makes a quiet creaking noise.

Only this time, there's no brick wall behind it. Instead, once the door unlocks and opens, it reveals a beautiful, multicolored tunnel. A short gust of wind flows from it, and you feel the lively breeze surround you.

Your eyes go wide in amazement, as you begin crawling through. You mutter a soft, "Whoa," as the world seems to come alive. The floor is soft and bright, but not so bright that it hurts your eyes. It's a good amount of color. More than you've seen in a while.

The door slowly closes behind you, but the glow of the tunnel doesn't fade. 

It's so bright. So beautiful. So... magical.

Once you reach the end of the hall, you find another door similar to the one you just opened. Without thinking, you reach for it and open it.

You crawl out, then stand up and look around.

"Huh?" You mutter, seeing the familiar layout.

It's..... Castle Bleck.

You slowly turn around yourself, getting a full look around. You appear to have come out of a small door that leads to the inner sanctum. You don't remember a door being there before, but perhaps being dead has made you forget?