Chapter 4

When you awaken, you are back in your little cave. The dark safe space from earlier. You slowly yawn and stretch your arms out, eyeing the doll lying next to you. You briefly pick it up, then set it down. 

A dream. Of course, it was a dream.

You stand yourself up then go to softly rub your burns, only-

"What?" You say, looking at your arms. "The burns! Th-they're gone!" You say, excitement and wonder in your tone. You quickly get up and rush outside to the door from earlier. You find that spot where the eyes are carved into the wall and quickly unlock the door, throwing it open. Only to find-

"Bricks?!" You say, placing your healed hands on them. "There's only bricks?!"

Your excited smile faces away and you make a disappointed 'oh,' sound.

Your masked face paints a confused picture as you close the door and look around. It seems brighter out today, probably because it's morning now. There's no sunlight down here, but the Underwhere gets slightly darker and more vibrant when it's nighttime, and lighter and duller in the day. The fog is slightly higher, almost completely covering up the door.

You let out a disappointed sigh and turn around. You walk around a bit, shivering slightly. If it was a dream, then why are your burns healed? And it felt so so real. But it had to be a dream. Right? It just had to. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. You couldn't just... stumble into a perfect world like that.

It was also strange that the world only consisted of Bleck and Nastasia. You wondered if maybe your mind kept you there a little longer if you'd see Mimi or O'Chunks.

Unlikely. No way those two could be in a perfect world. Mimi would constantly find ways to ruin the perfection with her rude snarky comments or her demanding manner, and O'Chunks was far too stupid and careless to ever do anything right.

You're putting far too much thought into this dream-

....

You suddenly tense up, sensing that you're not alone.

You hear those footsteps behind you again. 

 You're not scared or surprised this time. Just annoyed.

You turn around and raise an eyebrow, seeing nothing. But you've already played this game.  You simply walk up to where he's hiding in that fog and pull that helmet off, surprising him. He jumps a little and makes a soft, "Whoa!" noise.

"Well look what we have here! The village stalker is back," You say in an annoyed tone, throwing the helmet at Mr. L's stomach.

"Ow!" He starts. "I-I wasn't stalking you! I was just, uh, hunting for more clues!" 

He puts his helmet back on and starts searching more under the fog, circling around you. You cross your arms and roll your eyes, annoyed. 

"So...." You start while he's searching. "That doll you gave me. Did you make it look like me?"

"Me?" Mr. L asks. "Oh, no-no-no. All I know is that I found it that way."

"So Blumiere just happened to have a doll that looked just like me?"

"I guess..." Mr. L mutters, before quickly standing up with something in his hands. "Yo! Check this out!" He chimes, pulling his helmet up so you can see his face. He's holding Count Bleck's monocle out to you with an excited glint in his eyes.

"His eyewear?" You ask, unamused. You gently push his hand away from you. 

"Well, yeah! He was wearing this before he disappeared. I don't think he'd drop it on purpose!" Mr. L explained.