Chapter 10

2nd Person POV

Present

You look at the note the alternate L gave you, and are about to read it when you hear a soft knocking at the cave entrance.

You jump a little, then stand up and track the entrance open. "H-hello?" You ask.

You slowly stand up and approach it... barely sliding the door open so you can see who's there.

You see the real Mr. L standing on the other side. His helmet isn't with him this time. Just his head. He looks much better without the helmet, you note.

"Oh," You say when you see him, opening the gave entrance fully. "The Mr. L that talks."

"Huh?" He asks, before nervously laughing. "Uh, yeah, I guess you could call me that. So, you, uh, don't happen to have that doll I gave you, do you?"

"Why...?" You ask.

You slowly raise your eyebrows as he continues speaking. "I, uh.. haven't been able to find anything on Blumiere, so I was wondering if you could give it back. N-no other reasons."

"It was Blumiere's doll, right?!" You interrupt.

"Huh?" He asks. "Oh. Yeah. I found it with his things."

Your eyes go wide in realization. "It was Blumiere's doll because it was used to spy on HIM first! That's why he disappeared! He's the tophat! And the butterfly... she's that pixl! She must have come through the door that said Overthere in the garden! Come on!" You say, grabbing his arm and pulling him along.

"Whoa, what?!" He asks, as you quickly pull him towards the door, sprinting. "Dimentio, what are you doing?!"

"Just listen!" You tell him, as you continue to run. "I know where Blumiere is!"

You briefly glance at him to see a confused expression on his face, before turning to focus on where you're heading instead. Once you get to the door you let him go and point at it. 

"He's in there!" 

He just stares at you, clearly not understanding. "Dimentio..." He starts. "There's nothing behind that door."

"No, no no no! Listen! There's a whole other world back there!"

"Well, then can you unlock it?" He asks, reaching for the key you have. You immediately grab his wrist to stop him from taking the key and grip it tightly. "Whoa, no way. But it doesn't matter. Blumiere can't escape without his eyes. Neither of them can..."

"His... eyes?" Mr. L asks dryly, slowly yanking his hand away. "Dimentio, what drugs are you on?"

"I'm not on drugs! It's the truth!" You urge as he slowly steps away.

"Look, I just came here to get that doll..." He says while holding his hands up.

"Great! I'd love nothing more than to get rid of it!"

You then grab his arm and drag him back to the cave to retrieve the beady little spy posing as a simple doll. You barge in and let go of his arm, scanning the room. "Where are you, you little demon?!" You ask, looking around while Mr. L stands in the entrance, clearly distraught. 

"Uhh, are you alright-"

"The doll's his spy!" You say, interrupting him. "It's how it watches you and finds out what's wrong with your life!"

"The doll... is Blumiere's spy?" Mr. L asks.

"Not Blumiere," You reply, still searching. "The Alternate Bleck. Or the Mangeur. He's got this entire world where everything's perfect. The food, the garden," You cast him a look. "The people...." Then you approach him and point right at his nose. "But it's all a trap!"