You What!?

Cole's POV:

I walked into Kai's room after grabbing him a glass of water. He was sitting up and looked weak. I noticed when Pixal brought his food out he had hardly eaten, so I guess that must be it. I mean, I wouldn't want to eat after knowing what I had eaten earlier.

"Hey Kai!" I said walking over to him. "Just saying goodnight and making sure your good. Also I brought you something to drink." I said with a smile.

Kai nodded, no smile shown on his face, just an uncomftorable look.

"I...uhm...I'll leave it here." I said placing it on the nightstand next to his bed. I put the covers over him, making sure he was somewhat comftorable.

"Goodnight Kai" I said before turning around to leave the now darkened room.

As I walked towards the door, which was the only source of light exept the moon-lit window, I felt a warm hand grab my wrist.
I turned around to see Kai facing me, sitting up, his hair covering his eyes.

"Please don't go...."

I was a bit shocked, my face nearly bright red. "What?"

Kai then looked up at me, and I saw the tears in his brown eyes falling down his face.

"I don't want to be alone again..."

I turned around as I sat above the covers next to the laying boy, his head on my shoulder and arm wrapped around me.

I felt embarrassed, and mainly flustured.

"Cole?"

"Y-Yea Kai...?"

"I mean it this time when I say it, I love you..."

Then with that the hot-headed boy fell asleep. What did he just say? Did I hear him right? My face grew pure red this time, I felt like a tomato.

I then realized that I couldn't even get up without waking him up, and I didn't want to confront him just yet about what he just said. All I could do was sleep, and so I did.

When I woke up I was covered with a blanket, and Kai was awake trying to get a better hang of his elemental powers once more. I just watched, not the fire, but him.

I will admit, I do like Kai, but it felt awkward. I mean we've been in a team for so long. Then I realized his flame went out, and he sighed. I took this as my chance.

"You'll get it soon" I said.

"Y-your awake!" Kai said shocked and flustured looking back at me.

"Yea, and don't stress about regaining control of your elemental powers, they'll probably fully come back when your fully healed." I said trying to re-assure Kai.

"Yea...Cole?"

"Yes?"

"I said something to you last night...and I just need to know if you feel the same..."

I was shocked, a bit hesitant to answer.

"Why wouldn't I?" I said with a smile on my face.

I saw as Kai's face lit up and a wide smile formed on his face as he hugged me. We both started laughing, "Come on, let go. I have to get you some food!" I said trying to stop laughing in pure joy at that point.

"Alright, do you think I can walk soon?"

"That's a bit too soon don't you think?"

"Well...yea...but I want to follow you..."

"Who said you had to walk?"

With that being said, I picked Kai up bridal-style and carried him into the kitchen where I placed him on a chair so we could talk while I cooked food.

"Don't burn it this time, better yet let Pixal make it." Kai said laughing a bit more.

"Oh shut up, you'll eat whatever I make." I said laughing back.

We were both laughing the whole time I made food, then Pixal came into the kitchen and dining area.

"You two seem like your having fun, is there something I missed?" Pixal asked.

"Nope!" Me and Kai both said in unison. Then we looked at eachother and began laughing once more.

"I seem it's worked out, congrats." Pixal said, I was shocked she knew already! She is a ninjroid after all, so she could probably scan us and find out anyways.

We all began laughing, as me and Kai finished eating, Kai sat on the couch while Pixal helped me train upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted, schools been time consuming lately. However it is Friday so I have time! I hope you guys like it, and I will try to post another this weekend. As always please leave any feedback or suggestions! Thankyou!

Date: 10-22-2021