1

"Miss."

I looked down after I felt a slight tug on my sleeve. It was a young boy probably no older than ten.

"Miss, you forgot this."

I sighed after feeling an overwhelming sense of relief.

"Thank you so much, I don't know what I would have done with out this," I ruffled the young boys hair and handed him a chocolate bar that I had been saving for myself.

The boys eyes lit up, "Thank you miss."

I smiled and watched as the young boy ran back to his mother, giving her a small wave of thanks, a smile appearing on her lips in return.

I safely placed my passport back inside my carry on, making sure the zipper was tightly secured as I made my way to the arrivals terminal. After the hectic morning I had, I was surprised I still had my sanity.

I paused in place, taking a moment to breathe. My heart was pounding unbearably fast, a deep nervous churn in my stomach making me feel sick.

"So you made it in one piece after all."

I looked up and smiled, a rush of tears filling my eyes.

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry." I giggled as I brushed my tears away.

"Come here kid."

I laughed as Ten enveloped me in a much needed warm hug.

"Look at you! You're all grown up now," He stepped away and eyed me from head to toe. "What are you like 12 now?"

I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his arm. "Close but not quite, it's 24."

Ten shook his head and sighed, "Don't tell me its really been that long?"

"6 years," I replied feeling a bit nostalgic.

"And it only took the birth of your nephew to finally get you back here."

"And other things," I held my necklace pensively.

"How are you doing?" Ten placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Strangely well." I forced a smile.

Ten frowned with worry. But it wasn't a complete lie. In fact I was doing too well for someone who just lost their mother. That's what truly scared me. Was I the worst child in the world to not feel sad? Although my mother and I haven't spoken in years she was still my mother, so shouldn't I feel more pain? Or had I become so used to loosing those around me that I've become numb.

"I think we should get going," I changed the topic quickly, "Jungwoo was freaking out all night, I can only imagine how he's feeling right now."

"Well it's not everyday you become a Dad for the first time."

We quickly left the airport, catching up with each other the entire drive to the hospital. I laughed as he told me stories of the boys and life after graduating university. Although we both kept tabs on each other for the first few months after I moved to Beijing, our long daily updates soon turned to weekly, then monthly. Eventually it was reduced to only a birthday message and the occasional holiday greeting.

"Don't worry you're going to love him," Ten laughed as he told me stories about his and Jaehyun's roommate who had been living with them for the past two years.

"Well I hope you're right considering I'm going to be sharing an apartment with the guy for the next few months," I clicked my tongue.

When we arrived at the hospital, Ten offered to grab some takeout to take back home since only family members were allowed inside anyway. I nodded and gave him my request for an assortment of fried chicken.