5

After a long walk home, I finally entered the warmth of our apartment.

"Y/N!" Ten immediately exclaimed when he saw me. "I was so worried, you disappeared without saying anything." He rushed to my side placing his hand on my cheek, "Look at you, your cheeks are completely chapped red. How could you run off like th-"

I pushed Ten's hand away from me, taking a few steps back.

"You planned this," My voice was shaky as I spoke, "You knew he would be there."

He was incapable of forming any words.

"Tell me the truth, there was never an instructor dance partner was there?" I crossed my arms as I glared at him.

"Y/N..." He looked at me with an apologetic expression, "I didn't want to do it but when Sarang found out he had gotten a job s-"

"Sarang!" I angrily spat out her name, "She's the one who put you up to this?"

"Well it wasn't exactly like that..." He tried to carefully retract his words but it was too late, I already knew the truth.

I immediately pulled out my cellphone and dialed Sarang, putting her on speaker phone so Ten could listen in too.

"Hey, what's up?" Sarang answered after three rings.

"Why did you do it?" I immediately got to the point.

"Do what?" She sounded confused through the other end of the line.

"You knew Chenle would be there so why did you do it?"

There was a long pause of silence while she finally put two and two together.

"Oh about that..." She replied nervously, "...You know I actually have a lot of documents to get through tonight so how about w-"

"Sarang if you hang up on me I swear I will never talk to you again." I argued back like a child.

She sighed and I heard a low shuffling noise of papers in the background, "Let's talk about this in person," she finally replied, "I'm leaving the office right now."

I agreed and hung up the call.

I placed my bag on the counter and sat down at the dining table. I was lost in thought, thinking back to my encounter with Chenle.

His eyes...his lips...

He looked exactly how I remembered. It's almost as if no time had passed. Almost like nothing had changed.

Well one thing had changed; my growing hatred for him.

"Y/N?"

I looked across the room where Ten was sitting on the couch.

"Are you mad at me?"

I snorted at his question.

"That's an understatement."

He frowned and stopped pushing the topic any further. We sat in silence for what felt like an eternity, waiting for Sarang to arrive. I rested my elbows on the table in front of me, shutting my eyes briefly.

Finally, there was a knock on the door. Ten stood up to let Sarang in. She slipped out of her shoes and left her heavy coat at the door.

I glared at her closely as she made her way to me.

"Listen, I know you're angry at me but let me explain."

"Explain what? How you went behind my back after I explicitly said that I never wanted to see or know anything about Chenle ever again."

The Loveliest Night  || Zhong ChenleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara