7

"Stop, You're messing up the shape." I scolded Chenle who was messing up my already formed dumplings.

"I am not," He retorted defensively, "You're the one over filling them so I have to keep fixing them."

"I said stop," I used a wooden spoon that was laid out on the counter to slap his hand away.

"Ouch," He winced, "What'd you do that for?"

"For not listening to me!" I glared.

"We'll it's not my fault you suck at making dumplings!" He raised his voice back at me in return.

"I do not! Take that back right now!"

"Oh will you two stop arguing already," Mrs. Zhong interjected. "I haven't seen you two argue like this since that summer I took you kids to the amusement park and Chenle was too short to get on that one roller coaster with the rest of you."

"Thats right," I perked up at the re-found memory, "Dragon's Revenge", I laughed. "Chenle still hadn't gone through his growth spurt so I was taller than him at the time." I turned to look at Chenle, "Jungwoo and Jungmin oppa were dying to ride it but you didn't meet the height requirement. You were completely jealous that I got to go and you didn't."

"No I was not." He defended himself.

"Please," I rolled my eyes, "You almost cried and then decided to be a complete jerk to me the rest of the day."

"Almost?" Mrs. Zhong beamed, "I couldn't get this boy to calm down while you three kids waited in line for that ride. I was afraid my dear boy was going to die of dehydration with the amount of tear buckets he was crying out."

"Mom," He sighed out.

"No way," I couldn't help but laugh, "You actually cried!"

"Barley, my Mom is exaggerating," He looked in her direction, "Tell her mom."

Mrs. Zhong looked away, a cheeky grin grimacing her face.

"Awwe, did poor baby Chenle cry?" I teased him in a mocking baby voice, "oh poor crybaby Chenle."

I made a tear wiping motion with my hands.

"You're one to talk," He retorted.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I placed one hand on my hip, raising a single eyebrow.

"That you are the Queen of being a crybaby Kim Y/N." He annoyingly clicked his tongue after reciting my name.

"I am going to kill you." I threatened before grabbing a handful of flour and tossing it at his face.

He immediately retaliated by splashing handfuls of water at me from a cup.

"Will you two stop, you're ruining my kitchen!" Mrs. Zhong scolded us but was met by a splash of water to her face.

We both stopped in our tracks.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you," Chenle began, but before he could finish apologizing, Mrs. Zhong reached for the basins faucet hose and aimed at the both of us, drenching us in cold water.

I turned to run away but the slippery floor caused me to crash into Chenle's arms as I fell forward. He caught me before I hit the ground, pulling me up gently.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up and nodded my head. Our noses were less than an inch away from accidentally touching.

"Yeah...I just lost my balance for a second." I replied, pulling away from him.

I straightened my blouse and looked back at Mrs. Zhong who was trying hard to hide her grin.