11

I was laying on the couch, my eyes fixated on the ceiling. Even though it had been over a week, all I could think about was the kiss between me and Chenle.

I sighed out loud when the urge to jump off a tall building crossed my mind.

"Everything okay?"

I sat up slightly and peeked over at Jaehyun who was watching me from the dinner table.

"Of course everything's okay, why wouldn't it be?"

My response came out more defensive than I had hoped.

"Oh I don't know," Jaehyun sarcastically responded with a mouthful of chips, "maybe because you've been staring at the ceiling since I came home and sighing every five minutes."

"It's nothing."

"Nothing?" Jaehyun repeated in an unconvinced tone.

"I'm stressed that's all," I tried to sound more believable.

"I'm still struggling to adjust to this whole work from home thing, not to mention I haven't gone to clear out the storage unit yet."

"But aren't you supposed to have everything out in like 3 days?"

I shook my head.

"I have until the end of the month,"

"Y/N?"

I raised my eyebrows waiting for Jaehyun to finish speaking.

"The end of the month is in 3 days,"

I immediately reached for my laptop that was sitting on the coffee table and flipped it open. My eyes scanned the bottom right corner of the screen in search of the date.

October 28

I looked back at Jaehyun and shot him a sweet smile.

"So if you aren't doing anything tonight can I um...borrow your car?"

He stared at me with an unamused expression.

"Let's go," He stood and grabbed his black hoodie that was sitting on the arm rest of the couch.

"You don't have to drive me there, I can go myself."

"More like you're going to need all the help you can get," He retorted.

"Yeah...probably," I agreed with a defeated tone.

On our way to the storage facility, we stopped by an office supply store. We bought a stack of cardboard boxes and packing tape hoping that it would be enough.

After my mother died, my father paid a moving company to take everything to a storage unit. It was part of the reason I was here. We couldn't keep paying the rental fee for long term storage meaning that we only had until the end of October to figure out what to do with everything.

Originally it was my father who was supposed to come and deal with everything however when the time came, Shao Ming encouraged me to take some time off work to properly mourn my mother's passing as well as welcome the birth of my nephew. Mr. Zhao agreed and insisted that I go to Korea.

I knew Shao Ming meant well but he didn't know much about my life before moving to China. If he did, I doubt he would have wanted me to return.