6

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell him anything but he kept calling the house phone knowing I wouldn't be able to turn it off and I didn't want him to wake the baby."

I smiled at Suyeon and shook my head reassuringly.

I had stopped by to visit and was now busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen for the two of us.

"Don't worry about it, I understand," I shrugged it off. I knew Suyeon wasn't the one at fault.

She sighed, leaning her hip against the white marble counter.

"What did he want anyway? And how did he know you were back in the first place?"

I sliced the avocado in my hand open, scooping out the seed with a spoon. After cutting thin slices, I spread it evenly over two slices of toast.

"Apparently our dear friend Jaemin and Sarang schemed up a plan for us to run into each other with the help of Ten."

"Of course they did," She crossed her arms. "Those two idiots haven't changed a single bit."

"I can't blame them completely." I admitted while cracking four eggs into a bowl. I added a pinch of salt and pepper, mixing the yolks thoroughly before pouring half the mixture on to a heated pan. "I know they didn't mean any harm, but they tried to fix something that is beyond repair."

A frown formed on Suyeon's mouth. She crossed her arms and looked at me with an unreadable expression. I could tell she was holding something back but before she could speak, a small cry was heard from the living room.

She hurried to pick up baby Jungmin from the dark gray bassinet he had been sleeping in.

"Shhh." Suyeon softly whispered as she rocked him in her arms. "Mommy is here, it's okay."

I smiled and set the table while she calmed him down. Luckily, he had fallen back asleep after a few minutes. She placed him back in the bassinet before sitting down with me at the table.

"I can't believe you actually learned how to cook," She teased after I served her an omelette over rice. "I was afraid you'd continue surviving on ramen packets for the rest of your life."

"Don't be fooled," I quietly laughed, "I still eat ramen every other day of the week."

I topped my slice of avocado toast with a drizzle of lime Juice, my mouth watering as I took a big bite.

"How are you adjusting?" Suyeon asked me with a mouthful of food.

I laughed at her childish habit. I suppose some things never do change.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I teased, tilting my head in the direction of the baby's bassinet.

She smiled, her eyes lovingly looking at baby Jungmin.

"It's crazy," She began, "We were both so worried about the birth, scrambling to get things ready for him, afraid that we weren't going to be good enough as parents," She paused momentarily, "But the moment I heard his first cry and my eyes laid upon him, I knew that we were going to be just fine."

As if on cue, Jungwoo barged in through the front door of the apartment holding multiple bags.

"Well, maybe Jungwoo needs some time to adjust," She teasingly snickered.

"Okay, I've made sure to buy everything the nurse suggested before we left the hospital." He kissed Suyeon on the cheek before walking over to the bassinet, "and hows my little one doing?"

"He is finally asleep so unless you want to spend the next five hours trying to get him to sleep I suggest you don't wake him," Suyeon warned.

Jungwoo let out a nervous laugh as he quietly backed away from the bassinet.