0:07

"In all my years of living, I have never seen anyone go bowling looking like this," Annalise commented, still looking at Shane's outfit

She laughed, a smile on her face as she watched the Uber on her phone which was five minutes away from her current location.

"What am I supposed to wear? Sweatpants, and a tank? Or maybe shorts with a long shirt paired with some sneakers?" she raised an eyebrow at her, "I actually thought of that, but I decided, nah, to hell with it, I'm feeling hella provocative tonight - so might as well dress the part,"

"You dress the part?" she innocently asked. Shane smiled, finding her so adorable, there was so much she would have to teach Annalise about life if they did become close friends, if friends at all.

"In life, you don't always have to speak with your mouth, you can speak with your body language, or the clothes you wear," she explained, looking at her phone before meeting Annalise's eyes, "back in the day, the ladies carried fans which they would use to relay a message to their potential suitor whilst in a crowd. I'm a big fan of period dramas, so I've watched and read into it,"

"So who are you trying to send a message to? Your boss?" she lifted an eyebrow back at Shane, which made Shane smirk, mentally shaking her head,

"Now that's for me to know, and for you to find out," she answered, refusing to tell anyone any of her game plans. Number one, she did not need anyone to talk her out of them, and number two, she simply could not trust anyone to save her life. Life had single handedly taught her that, and if it's one thing Shane took heed to, it was life lessons. She did not like to be taught twice, once was all it took.

"I'm tryna find out," Annalise whined. Shane laughed, shaking her head,

"Instead of trying to find out what I'm upto, you haven't reminded me about your job request, do you even want it?" Shane jumped to the next topic as soon as she saw that her Uber driver was just a minute away. She stood straight, walking slowly to the end of the curb so she could quickly jump into her ride.

"You know I do," she sighed, following behind Shane, her hands now in her back pocket.

"Then why haven't I gotten your resume in my inbox babe? Please work on it whilst I'm out, and when I'm back, I'll swift through it, and make sure it sells - I'll definitely be asking for that link from Logan tonight," she nodded, as she saw her Uber pulling up. She wished she could at least bring along someone outside of the work environment, but when she had asked Hendrichs earlier, she was told no.

"You've got it. Thank you again, I truly appreciate you helping me out," Annalise said, giving her a small but content smile. Shane smiled back, opening the door of the Toyota Corolla that had pulled up before her,

"It's my pleasure, see you later," she said, before carefully stepping into the car, making sure her canteen bag was sitting neatly on her lap.

The night was just about young, skyscrapers standing high and mighty, Shane observing them getting lost in the dark, as the car moved right along.