Chapter One : Advice From a Friend

"Man this college thing ain't for me." Layla laid down on her best friend's couch. She was only a sophomore and was ready to give up. She was accepted into the most popular school in the state. Well at least that's what they said on their website. " Are you even listening to me Omar?" He was too busy playing 2k and smoking his life away. "See this is why I never come see your dusty ass." He paused the game and turned towards her. " What do you want, little girl?" She could tell he was getting annoyed. " Look Lay, this is only the beginning. It's not going to be a sweet ride. If you want to open that clothing store of yours, I suggest that you stay in school and reach for that goal. Nobody is just going to give it to you. You yourself, Layla Smith has to want it." Omar was her best friend since 9th grade,6 years, and he always knew how to change her mind about things. " I want it, but not this college shit." "Layla you have to do it man, i'm not giving up on you, so why are you giving up on yourself? We will finish this together and I mean it. Now shut up and let me finish my game." Layla rolled her eyes and said " Whatever" *Knock, knock,knock* Omar walked over to the door. " Who is it ?!" "Dang man, calm down. It's Renzo open the door." He unlocked the door and went to sit back down in his chair. "Wss poppin bro" Renzo dapped Omar up and sat in the chair next to him. He was too high to notice Layla sitting on the couch across the room. " Oh dang, wssup lil mama." Layla ignored him. He was so focused on her body that he didn't hear Omar calling his name. " Aye bro, stop looking at my best friend. She doesn't want you." Renzo laughed, but still continued to stare at her. " Oh your best friend huh. I don't see why she can't get to know a young nigga." She looked at him and said " eww, I would never. O I'm going in the room". Layla pulled her shorts out her butt and proceeded to walk in the room. Renzo being Renzo, he grabbed her butt and squeezed it. " What is your problem dude"? Omar didn't play when it came to his best friend, so he did what he had to do. " Man get out of my house with that disrespectful shit." Renzo threw his hands up and said " you gone need me one day baby girl. You watch". He winked at her and left out the house.