Chapter 22: Come Back to Me

Omar was happy that Layla was happy, but he felt as though she would be happier with him. Nobody knows how to love her like he loved her. He watched from the couch as Layla and Dominic loved on each other non-stop. "Aye babe ima go to the store and pick up a few things. You okay here with Omar?" Omar felt a little offended by what Dominic said. "You asking her that like she don't know me." "Here we go again." Layla whispered under her breath. " I was just saying bro. Stop getting so angry. Layla I'll be back." Dominic walked out leaving those two alone. "Lay, why won't you just see I'm the one for you. He's just a snobby rich guy, but I love you." She looked at Omar like he lost his mind. "Omar you can't be serious. Me and him have been together 4 years now. We are getting married tomorrow for Christ sake." He came close to her and said "So let me live you all day long." She jumped as Dominic walked back in. "I'm back, I couldn't find what I needed, but Omar can I talk to you?" They walked inside the room. "We are learning to come together as one. The biggest day is tomorrow, and I want you to be my best man." He responded "sure why not. Anything for my best friend." His phone began ringing and he walked out. "Hey Kali. I'm on my way to your house now. I was at Layla's. We gotta get me a tux."he waved bye to Layla and left. "Him and Kali are that close?" Layla looked down and said "Apparently."