Chapter 16: Getting Rid of Old News

"So you leaving me is what you're saying?" Layla was scared out of her mind. Tony was never in his right mind. He was either drunk or high off drugs. This time it was both. "Yes Tony, I'm leaving you. I can't put up with your mess anymore." He walked over to her and grabbed her by the throat. "You ain't going nowhere lil bitch!" Layla was fighting for her life. She managed to get away from him to get a phone. Tony pushed her to the floor and stepped all on her back. "Tony get off me...please !!" She could hear her bones cracking. He pulled her up off the floor. Blood leaked from her nose and mouth. "Who the fuck told you that you could leave me bitch?! You belong to me and me only!" Her ears rung from all the screaming he was doing. "Just get your shit and go. I've put up with you for too long. I don't deserve any of this." He didn't listen to a word she said. Tony kept smacking her around the house. He walked in the room and she tried to crawl away. "Where the fuck you going?" Tony had a gun to her head. Layla got to her phone again and texted Omar and Dominic. As Tony was beating her half to death, all of a sudden the door flew off the henges. Dominic charged at Tony and snatched the gun out his hand. Omar helped Layla up off the floor . "I'm here now Lay." She gave him a big hug and wouldn't let go. The police and ambulance came in about 5 minutes later. " I swear on my soul I'll kill all of you." "Yeah then do it." Omar threw punches at his face, while Dominic struggled to get away from the police. Tony had beaten Layla badly. They all watched as they took Tony off to jail. "You should've called me sooner Lay. I can't stand to see you like this." She listened as Omar talked her head off. "Ms. , we are going to take you to the hospital immediately. The police will come question you ." Dominic walked over to her. "I'm here for you. I'm not leaving until you get better." "But don't you have a flight to catch?" " Like I said I'm not leaving until you get better." She said okay and they took her to the hospital. Dominic and Omar trailed right behind them.