Chapter 12: A Shoulder to Cry On

Layla was glad Omar and Tony got over their differences, but they were driving her crazy with their noise every night. It was Omar, Tony, Renzo, and some other guys in her living room. "Excuse me, can you guys keep it down or get out." They all looked at her as she walked down the hall. Tony saw them looking at her ass and he shit it down quick. "Aye ain't gone be none of that up in here." Omar walked in the room where Layla was and sat on the bed beside her. "Hey what's been going on with you. I haven't talked to you all week." Omar had that worried look on his face. "Well you know Kali came to stay with me so my attention was on her." He knew when she was lying and he wasn't leaving until she told him the truth. "Lay, what's wrong?" She looked at him and said i went to the doctor to see if I was pregnant." "Okay are you ?" " No I'm not thankfully." Omar rubbed his head and said " it wasn't going to be Tony's baby's was it." "Omar I don't know what I was thinking. Tony would have killed me." He was worried about his best friend. She got up to get some chips out the closet. Omar saw a bruise on her lower back. "Okay here we go. You want something out here?" He stood up and walked over to her. "Layla, what's the big purple spot on your back?" She ignored him and sat down on the bed. "So you don't hear me Noele?" Layla still continued to ignore him. He grabbed her arm and she bursted into tears. "Layla is he hitting you!?" Omar was angry as fuck. " HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?!?" She didn't say. He went to lift up her shirt and she snatched away from him. "Omar please don't say anything. I'm begging you." He never seen her so scared before. He pulled her towards him and they cried together. Omar felt like he failed her. He should've been there to protect her. How could he not see her changing. "Layla look at me." She looked up into his blood shot eyes."I'm fine O, I promise." "No you are not Lay. Why didn't you tell me?" "Because he said he would get you kilt. You're the only family I have left, and I'm not losing you." He squeezed her tight and said "shh..stop crying. I'm here for you and I'm not leaving you any time soon, and I promise."