Chapter 15: An Unknown Place

It was about 8 o'clock in the morning when Layla woke up from a deep sleep. She definitely had a hangover. "Omg, what did I do last night." Layla smelled the scent of a man as she was getting her vision back. She looked around the room in confusion. The room door opened up slowly. "I see that you finally woke up. Here is some water and medicine for that headache of yours." She took the pill and gave him back the water. He looked at her as she continued looking around. "So there something wrong?" "Oh no, everything is fine." Everything was not okay. She never stayed at any mans house, she didn't know. "That dick must've been good." "Excuse me ?" Layla couldn't believe she said that out loud. "Wow...that's embarrassing." Her face began to turn read. "It's fine. I'll just pretend like I didn't hear you." She noticed that he was looking at her bruises. Layla tried to hide them, but he moved her hands. "You don't have to hide them. Trust me I know what it's like to be in an abusive relationship. My mom was beaten by my dad when I was young." "I'm sorry to hear that." He churches his shoulders and told her to follow him. He took her into a long hallway filled with pictures. "This is a hallway nobody is allowed on, but you're special." "How come?" Dominic looked at her and said "I don't know yet." They walked down the hallway hand in hand. Layla thought this was the most beautiful thing she had seen. "So are you from around here because I never saw you before?" "No me and my friends are just on a vacation you know." "That's wssup. You hungry yet." Layla was starving. "Yes very." Dominic walked her into the kitchen where he had food waiting for them. "Smells good in here." He pulled a chair out for her. She didn't understand why she was still at this man house. They laughed and flirted with each other all morning. Layla went back into the room to take a shower. "Hey you okay in there?" " Yes I'm fine, getting out now." Dominic sat on the bed and waited for her to come out. " I used your extra toothbrush." "It's fine. Someone named Omar was blowing up your phone and someone named Tony." Omar is my best friend and Tony is..." " you don't have to say anything. I kinda figured that was the guy." Layla got dressed and Dominic took her back to the condo she was staying at. "Thank you. I had a nice time." "He smiled and gave her a hug. "See you again some time?" She tapped his arm and said "of course just shoot me a text."