Chapter 2 : Independent Woman

About 4 years later, Layla had her store. She couldn't have done it without the help of her mom and best friend. Omar and Layla stood in front of her store. She had tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe she actually had her own store. Hey no need for the tears. You deserve this. I told you I was by your side every step of the way." She hugged him tight. " Thank you so much O. I really appreciate you." " Let's go inside and check it out." It was pink everywhere. " Its so much pink Lay." She turned to him with a worried face. " You don't like it Omar? I can add more col-" "Chill it's beautiful. You don't have to change anything about your store. Everybody is going to love it." " You mean those people at the door." Omar turned to see girls lined up at the door waiting to spend every penny they had. " Wow that's amazing best friend. Well what are waiting on. Open the doors up to Diamonds Are Everything". She didn't move a muscle. Layla had never been so scared in her life. " I can't do it". She said. He was so confused. " What do you mean you can't do it. You worked too hard to get here to not be excited. Now open up your doors". She smiled and walked over to the doors with her best friend by her side. As the doors opened they both yelled " WELCOME TO DIAMOND ARE EVERYTHING"!!! The store was filled with ladies from young to old. Layla couldn't believe she was a CEO . As people filled the store up. She kept looking up at the sky and her best friend saying " thank you Lord for this boy". It was a real busy day to say she just started. Her and Omar stayed overnight to fix and restock the shelves. " Wow, I'm exhausted. I didn't think it would be this busy. I wasn't even supposed to open today." Omar looked at her and smiled. " Well you worked hard today. Im proud of you." She hugged him and said " Thank you so much Omar."  he wiped her tears away and responded. "It's only the beginning baby girl."