Chapter 23

4 days later...

Wade's POV

Another day of training. I can't wait until I can go out on my own. My birthday is coming up and I'm counting down the days. I can't stop thinking about it.

You also can't stop thinking about Peterrr!

Yeahhh, you should ask him out.

He can't he's dating Johnny, you idiot!

It's true. Peter has been running through my mind ever since that day in the locker room. I've been having flashbacks of when we were younger.

When we used to live together. When I died for the first time. When we went to play laser tag and had our first kiss.

"Wade. Wade!?"

"Huh? What?" Before I knew it I was knocked off my feet and the simulation restarted. My dad appeared above me and I sighed.

"What was that?"

"I got distracted," I replied and helped myself up.

"I thought you had control of your voices while you're fighting?"

"I do. This is the first time."

"Are you sure? Maybe we should wait 'till after your birthday-"

"No! Dad please, I'm fine. I just need someone to talk to that's not myself," I said exiting the training room and taking a seat on the bench.

"What's up?" My dad said gruffly sitting next to me.

"Um, do you remember Peter?"

"Stark and Roger's son?"

"Yeah, well," I scratched behind my head, "he's gay."

"I'm not surprised. What about it?"

"He's dating Johnny."

"And...?"

I looked down. "I think I like him."

"That's what had you distracted? Can't you just tell him you like him?"

"Dad, you don't understand. That's not how it works. I get all the girls and even some guys but to compete against Johnny? I would lose a friend and put Peter at risk." I babbled on.

"How would that put Peter at risk?"

"Dad," I leaned in like it was top secret, "Johnny is crazy. Like, I know I have problems but that boy has serious anger issues."

"Well you have combat skills, you can beat him up," my dad said obviously not seeing my dilemma.

I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"Listen, Wade. If you want something, go get it. That's the way I raised you, yeah?"

I nodded. "I can't get him out of my head. Maybe if I just got to have a real conversation with him... I don't even know if he likes me."

Dad did a slight laugh, "Everyone likes you, Wade." I smiled. It's true. Once I start talking to him more he might see how I'm far better than Johnny.

"Thanks Dad," I said jumping up and hitting the showers. I'm gonna win over Peter. Johnny won't even know what hit him.

Let's hope he doesn't.