Chapter 26

Updated TW:
-bruising
-mention of physical abuse

If I could rewrite this storyline out I would bc this sits so heavy now, sorry yall
-author in 2022 edits,
wondering if I should delete these stories now

---

Wade's POV

"Here you go, son. Happy birthday. I'm proud of you," Dad said handing me a rectangular box. This is what he called me off the roof for? A birthday present?

I opened it and revealed a red and black suit. "W-What's this?" I asked pulling it out the box.

"Your suit," Dad replied.

I pulled it out and pressed it against my body. It was mainly red with black in some areas. It had pouches and holsters and a place to put my katanas on the back.

"This is awesome. Thanks Dad," I said putting the suit down and hugging my Dad. "So can I go out tonight?"

"But you don't have a mission?"

"I'll just patrol. Pleaseee, I want to try it out." I whined. He laughed and gave in. "Alright but be back before 3 a.m. since it's only your first night," he said.

I nodded and headed to the nearest bathroom to change. The spandex was a little tight but overall it looked badass.

Oooo we look sexaayyy!

Damn right.

I laughed at my thoughts and walked into our weapon room. I grabbed my katanas off the shelf and a put a gun in my right holster. I ran onto the roof and began scaling buildings. I pulled my mask onto my face and everything felt complete.

Let us seek out crime and justice!

Justice for Peter!

"I'll do this for Peter," I said letting my voices speak up. I have them under control but tonight I just need to let off some steam. I need to let them be heard instead of silencing them inside of me.

Finally! We can have the spot light!

I think I just heard a scream!

"A scream? Where?" I asked looking around. I walked to the right edge of the building and saw a woman being mugged in the alley.

"Never fear! We will save you!"

We need a hero cool name.

I flipped down unto a fire escape then summersaulted on the ground. The mugger turned around and the lady screamed. I grinned and punched the guy in the face.

Wow that felt good.

He unhanded the woman's purse and fell to the ground. The woman quickly grabbed it and took off running.

"Um, you're welcome?" I muttered. I saw the man get up from behind me. He pounced at me but I dodged it.

"I thought the bad guys were supposed to stay down?" I said getting into a fighting stance. He gritted his teeth and scrunched his blue eyes at me.

"What kind of freak are you?"

"The kind that's going to win this fight," I retorted. I launched at him with all the burning fury from today. I managed to knock him off his feet but he still managed to pin me.