⪻ ≪ Ⅸ ≫ ꧁ 𝙲𝚞𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚎𝚊 ꧂ ⪼

「"𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘦𝘢"」
- 𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯
✧----------------✧----------------✧

【- 23:00 𝘱𝘮 -】

After spending a lot of time at the hospital, getting patched up by the nurses, and helping the nurses patch up others, Y/n was finally able to go back to the apartment building. The hospital had given her a cloth bag as a replacement for her own bag that got burned in the fire.

'It's already so late.. I wonder if Granny is worried. Perhaps I should've texted her..' She took out her phone out of her pocket. In her hand she was holding her phone, but by accident, she also grabbed the business card Hawks had given her.

She subconsciously put her phone away, absolutely forgetting the reason she took it out in the first place, and started walking back, holding onto the Business card.

The walk from the hospital to the apartment building, was the first peaceful moment she had ever since the day started. She didn't like it. Being alone with her own thoughts.

She couldn't even listen to music because she forgot her headphones. She secretly cursed at herself the whole day because of that.

The moment she entered the building, Lady Tani came rushing over to Y/n, gasping at the sight of the bandages wrapped around her forehead and the plasters covering her nose.

Lady Tani's reaction is fair, From the perspective of a bystander, it must've looked like Y/n was some kind of badass underground fighter that just fought a match.

"Dear Lord Y/n!! What in the name of Kentucky happened to you?!" she said while dragging her into a room in the back of the lobby. A room specifically for employees.

Lady Tani sat her down on a couch and directly went to bring her a glass of water, "Granny please calm down. I'm fine, the hospital did a fine job patching me up."

She handed the glass to Y/n, "I can see that.. But how did this happen!? You left this morning, saying you go out, looking for a job, but return looking like you pissed off some Gangsters!"

Glancing to the side slightly, y/n giggled, 'Similar enough' she thought.

"Well, you're not completely wrong about that.. :>" She shrugged, Lady Tani put a hand over her mouth, "You've joined a group of Gangsters?! Y/n... I know you struggle a lot lately, but this is not the right way to cope!!"

Y/n started laughing at the old woman's concerns, "No No pfft... It's nothing like that, I haven't joined anything. Quite the opposite actually, I'm as jobless as ever-" She admitted letting her head hanging, defeatedly.

Lady Tani grabbed a chair and sat down opposite of Y/n, "Now I'm confused.."

Y/n sighed, "I'll give you the short version because the News will probably report about this anyways... So basically, I did find a job-", Lady Tani interrupted her by cheerfully clapping, "That's great Dear, I knew you'd manage!!!"

"Ahem.." Y/n cleared her throat, "And I lost it again a few hours later", Lady Tani's cheerful expression froze, "Oh.", "But only Temporarily!!" Y/n continued, "Oh!!" The old lady smiled, "I'll get it back in about a year... or maybe later."

Lady Tani threw a cushion at Y/n, "I swear you're messing with my old heart with all these ups and downs!!!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry pfft. Anyways, back to how everything went. Like I said, I found a Job at the small Store nearby, I met my old friend Liz, do you remember her?"