⪻ ≪ Ⅺ ≫ ꧁ 𝙸𝚕𝚕-𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 ꧂ ⪼

「"𝘔𝘺 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥, 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨."」
- 𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯

✧----------------✧----------------✧

As the sun started to set, Hawks stood in front of the large window in his office, watching the colors of the sky slowly fade into many different shades of yellow, orange and red. Yet his eyes were particularly fixated on the clouds. Completely blocking out the noises that came from behind him, from his assistant talking on the phone, he sighed, tiredly rubbing his eyes, 'It's going to rain soon.'

Getting torn away from his thoughts by his assistant finally ending the phone call, "I see. Did you already send the Email? Alright. Yes I will inform him don't worry." He hung up and put his phone away.

"What's up?" Hawks questioned, still facing the window. His assistant pulled out a small notebook out of his pocket and wrote down a few notes, "A Member of the Emergency department just reported an important call."

Hawks shifted his attention from the sky above, to the crowded streets below, "Anything happen?" he asked with a bored tone.

The assistant sighed, "Sir, can you please not speak with such disinterest when the emergency department is involved." He scolded, Hawks rolled his eyes.

He yawned, stretching his arms and wings, nearly hitting his assistant with them, "Yeah yeah fine."

The assistant cleared his throat, "Ahem. Well, it was about that woman you mentioned a few days ago, Y/n Hayashi."

"What about her?" Hawks immediately turned around the moment her name was mentioned, finally giving his assistant his full attention.

"She reached out to us, it was regarding that job offer."

Hawks closed his eyes, smiling, "Wait! Let me guess..... She declined?"

"No. Quite the opposite actually."

Hawks blinked a few times, confused, raising his eyebrows in disbelief, "Huh?! AHA NO WAYY, she accepted?", His assistant nodded, "She did. Her Interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10 am." He tore out a page of his notebook, on it Y/n's Email address, and put it on the table next to them.

Scratching the back of his head, Hawks looked at the note, 'Certainly did not expect this..', He smiled, his assistant looked at him with slight irritation, Hawks noticed, "Got something to add?"

"Sir, with all due respect, but do you really think this is a good idea. We barely know anything about her and she's already being offered such an important position. What was it? The medic department??"

Walking a few steps closer to his assistant, Hawks patted his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile, "Don't worry pal. We'll learn everything we need to soon enough. That's what the interview is for ain't it~?Trust me on this."

The assistant rolled his eyes and wiped Hawks' hand off his shoulder, "I am well aware of the fact that you know what you're doing, but you need to keep in mind that your actions impact your reputation, the agency and Everyone working for you. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't just hire people out of the blue without-", Interrupting his sentence, Hawks started to walk back towards the window.