Chapter 17

Sophie

Standing in front of the long mirror of the hotel room closet, I spin around one last time and bend over to get a good idea of just how much room I have to move before I'm flashing anyone. This trip has gone so differently than I planned and as crazy as it sounds, I'm actually looking forward to spending the night celebrating with Rachel. It helps that this is a girls only night so I know that Evan won't be making an appearance.

My phone chimes with a message from Andrew and my stomach flips a million times in the split second it takes me to pull it up on the screen. I've never sent a man a picture or a text that alluded to anything sexual, but he brings out that playful side of me. I also trust him, which is huge for me.

Andrew: Have fun tonight, sweetheart. I'll see you later. Don't keep me waiting too long.

I don't get a chance to respond before there's a knock at my door. I open it up and Rachel squeals before pulling me into her arms. She smells like cinnamon whiskey and bad decisions. "SOPHIE!! I'm getting married tomorrow!" Her words slur together and I grab her elbow when she releases me from the hug and stumbles back a little. I shoot the other girls a judgmental stare for letting her get this messed up before the night has even began.

We take a car service to a club not too far from our hotel. Being out of state gave me the perfect excuse to not be the go-to person for planning this night. Her second in charge, Kristin, set the night up. She gives Rachel a piece of paper with what looks like a BINGO board on it and announces to us that she must complete the tasks on the board and we have to help her. I glance over Rachel's shoulder and read along with her as she reads them aloud.

"Give a hot guy a spank. Flash a guy. Give a stranger a lap dance," she giggles as the list goes on and I cringe knowing that this night is not only going to be filled with drunk girls and tacky pink furry tiaras, it will also include public humiliation and lots of evidence that single girls should not be in charge of the bride BINGO board. "Oooo, look! Let a man take a shot from between your boobs!" Great.

I slink down in my seat with a fake smile plastered on my lips and pull my phone out from my clutch even though I swore to myself I would not be the girl on the phone the whole night. Change of plans.

Me: Looks like we're playing whore BINGO.

Andrew: Wow. I'll try anything once.

Me: Haha. Not me and you. The girls! Too bad I left my flashing neon SLUTS sign for above our heads at home.

Andrew: While you would need the sign, trust me when I say your company doesn't. Men can see those girls coming from a mile away.

Rachel is still reading the list as Kristin begins to pass around a bright pink flask. This night is getting out of hand real fast.

Andrew: I've got to go. We are about to welcome Honey to the stage.

I laugh when I read his text and a few of the girls look in my direction. "Funny Facebook meme," I say and the flask is thrust in my direction. I take a long swig just to fit in and then put my arm around Rachel and lean back in to read the remaining items on the list. All are equally cringe worthy.

Once inside, it doesn't take long for Rachel to start working her way through the list. I sit back and watch, praying that none of her friends whip out their cell phones and document any of this. Not that Evan should be kept in the dark, but I guess anything that happens tonight will probably not go over too well in the morning. So far all of the men have played along, not that I would expect anything different since they're all getting to look at, rub or actually lick some part of her anatomy.