ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ; ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴘᴏɪꜱᴏɴ

Ever since the start of February, weird-unexplainable things have been happening to students of all ages at Hogwarts. They've been falling in love.

It seems that wherever y/n went, people were all over each other. In the hallway, classes, the common room. And as the proud 'president' of the prefects it was her job to look into this.

Of course it was normal to fall in love, but kids have been falling in love too quickly. And odd couples were forming. She needed to put an end to it. Not only because she couldn't stand the lovey couples, but also because it was making her a bit jealous.

She walked out of the common room, immediately seeing two couples all over each other in the corridor. She sighed before walking to the Great Hall.

*

After too many cringe encounters she finally made it to the Great Hall, only to be met with more couples. Today however the Great Hall was decorated heavily with red and pink hearts and Valentine's day decorations.

She rolled her eyes and walked up to the Ravenclaw table, she walked over to the house prefects, they were laughing and flirting with each other.

"Excuse me, but i'm going to be holding an emergency prefect meeting today-right now, if you could gather up the others, that'd be great." She waited for the two to look at her. But instead they giggled with each other.

y/n snarled before walking over to the Hufflepuff table. She walked up to her friend Amelia Bones. Amelia was sitting with all her other friends.

"Hi. Bones, don't you find it weird and annoying that almost everyone in school is in love? And because of that i'm having a meeting-"

"You're too strict y/n. People are falling in love, and it's a wonderful thing. Don't be so hard on everyone." Amelia giggled, her friends chiming in.

y/n bit her tongue in order to not blow up on the kind hearted girls. Instead she clenched her jaw and turned on her heels, making a b line to the Gryffindor table. Grabbing the attention of the Marauders.

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter all watching as the disoriented prefect made her way to them. Once she was standing behind James, she smiled at the others.

She leaned her head down so she could whisper to James. "Potter. A word?"

She waited for James to get out of his seat, and smiled one last time at the other boys before walking out of the Great Hall, followed by James.

"Did i do something wrong?" James caught up to her.

She didn't respond until they were out of the Great Hall; behind the giant doors. James stood in front of her; waiting for her to speak, but instead she let her body rest onto the cold stone walls. She fished for something in her pocket, before pulling out cigarettes and a muggle lighter.

"You smoke?" James furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, decided to lean on the large door.

"Only on bad days." She placed the cigarette in between her lips, cupping it and lighting the cigarette.

After taking her hands away from her mouth, she let her head fall back onto the wall before closing her eyes; inhaling the smoke. She tossed the box of cigarettes and lighter to James.

He happily lit himself one and tried to hand her the box back. Instead she pushed it into his chest.

"Keep it, i'm trying to quit anyways." She inhaled the smoke again, making James nod slowly.

"Right. Well why did you want to talk?" James fiddled with the cigarette in between his fingers.

"Oh," She took the cigarette out of her mouth. "well if you haven't noticed, many people are acting...odd. Too many people are falling in love and you have to admit, some couples don't make sense. I don't know what's going on but i hate it." She rolled her eyes and brought it back to her lips.