ᴍᴀᴛᴛʜᴇᴏ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ; ᴡɪꜱʜ ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ

y/n y/l/n

I hate people.

Never really liked them, but i mean you can't just not talk to them. Well you can-but what kinda life is that? Not that i have a life...because well, i don't.

But anyways, recently i've taken a liking to one. Mattheo Riddle. Usually he's cruel and serious but i feel like with him it's different.

It all started about a two months ago when he randomly started taking an interest in me. I wouldn't know why, and whenever i ask, he brushes it off. But we've made an agreement. We would ignore each other in the halls. Well it wasn't exactly an agreement, because i didn't agree to it. But he started ignoring me in the halls so i started too.

Not that it would be weird that he only ignores me. Everyone does. Expect the days i become Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson's target. I shrug off their comments about me, they never really scratch the surface.

Mattheo's always with them, though i don't know why he hangs out with such vile beings. But whenever i'm alone with him, he's different.

He's kind and a great listener, he makes me feel safe. Usually when i hang out with him, it's the best part of my day. I'm headed to see him now, at the Black Lake. I showed him my secret spot, i've gone there since i found it in first year.

I'm bringing strawberries i've picked myself, in a nice hay basket, along with me. I figured it was a good way to wrap up the weekend.

I step into the lush forest where our spot is located. When i hear laughter. I recognize Mattheo's laugh but not the other. I wait behind a tree for the girl to leave before i walk over to him.

"Hey." I seem to have started him, because he looks back at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, it's just you." He eases slightly and faces the lake.

"Yeah, just me. Who was she?" I point to the figure fading into the woods.

"Just a friend." He looks at my basket.

"Oh. And why was she here? At my secret spot?" I look up towards him, feeling slightly confused.

"What do you mean 'my secret spot'? It's mine too. You obviously trusted me enough to show me this spot, so i should be able to bring people i trust to it if i please." He stands up, and i watch.

"I only asked. But where are you going? I brought strawberries-"

"I don't like strawberries, and it's late to be up on a Sunday." He tucks his hands in his pockets and turns.

"Night."

I sink further into the ground while i eat my strawberries, watching the water as it ripples in the moonlight.

I really didn't mean to upset him.

•••••••••••

The next morning i'm walking to breakfast when i overhear Draco and Pansy talking. I don't mean to eavesdrop but i can't help myself.

"You've got the coins for Riddle don't you?" Draco asks. I figure Pansy nods because he continues. "Can't believe it. He actually got the freak to fall for him."

I'm suddenly stuck in place. Whenever they pick on me, i'm 'freak'. That can't be right. I mean, Mattheo seems so genuine and he swore to never tell anybody about our friendship.

Right. Yeah, he swore not to tell anyone. I can't be a bet.

••••••••••

All i've been thinking about is what Draco said. I don't want to believe it could be true.