ᴛʜᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴛ; ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ꜰᴀᴋᴇ

y/n y/l/n

"Oh come on tell us who it is!" My friend squeals and tugs on my school robe.

"Yeah, come on! Tell us, we've been dying to know!" My other friend dramatically places a hand on her forehead.

They're asking about my boyfriend. My secret one, that i've been talking about for weeks now. He's the total package. Tall, hot and mysterious.

The problem is, he doesn't exist.

I can't remember how this all started but it was supposed to be a small white lie. And now it's turned into something bigger. Much bigger.

My two best friends now believe i have a boyfriend. And i started to believe i did too, from the way i've explained him, he's totally swoon worthy.

I've been prolonging releasing his name and any information that would give away that he doesn't actually exist.

My friend rolls her eyes and looks towards my other friend.

"Y'know y/n, i'm starting to believe you don't have a boyfriend at all." I tense up.

"Of course i do." I spit out. "Fine. If you really don't believe me, i'll show you him. When i see him in the halls, i'll point him out."

My friends eyebrows go up, and she smiles. "Alright. I have a free block leading up to lunch. I'll be waiting in the courtyard." She hugs my arm and makes her way into her class.

"I'll be there too." My other friend waves and heads to her class.

Now i have to find a fake boyfriend.

••••••••••

Before i know it, it's lunchtime and i still don't have a boyfriend.

I slowly walk to the courtyard and see the red and blonde hair of my friends near a bench. I put on a fake smile and head their direction, only then does a tall brown haired boy catch my attention.

He's leaning up again the tree, a muggle cigarette hanging out of his mouth, his head in a book. He's alone, although people around him seem to be friendly with him.

"That's him isn't it?" My friend tugs on my arm and i stumble over the stone ground.

"What?" I clear my throat and she points to the boy near the tree.

Oh Merlin- "Yes. Yup you caught me. That's all mine." I cringe at my lie.

"Well what are you waiting for? Go talk to him." There's a pause. "Unless, he's not what you say he is."

"No of course i'll go talk to him. He is my boyfriend after all." I swallow my nerves as i turn away from my friends and make my way to the boy.

I mentally wack myself repeatedly until i'm in front of him. I swallow and clear my throat, announcing my presence. He doesn't look away from his book, so i clear my throat again. Nothing. Stubborn.

I look back at my friends and they're smiling and nodding towards him. I turn back to the boy and clear my throat a third time.

"Hello." I keep my voice low, i don't want these people around us to hear me.

He looks down at me but doesn't move his book away from his face. I slap myself, mentally, for picking the most stubborn guy in the courtyard.

"So, i'm just going to be blunt here. My friends think you're my boyfriend and i need them to keep thinking that. So could you act like it for a couple seconds?" I smile at him, hoping to ease everything i said.