ᴍᴀᴛᴛʜᴇᴏ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ; ʙʟɪɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

y/n y/l/n

Mattheo Riddle. Is so. Fucking. Fit.

That's all i have to say. Well not all, but that's all that's in my mind while i'm sitting in class; two seats behind him.

His brown hair is all fluffed on the top of his head, his uniform missing the tie. He's tapping his foot, and usually i'd tell a normal person to stop before i cut their foot off and stuff it down their throat. But this is Mattheo.

He's so closed off and reserved-most of the time. He doesn't engage in the stupid things his friends do, he never fights in public. He's smart and never back talks the professors, which most of the time deserve to be back talked. He's amazing.

But he doesn't know i exist.

I'd be surprised if he even remembered me from the Christmas gift swap. It happened a few years back and i had to literally fight over his name slip. Then i purchased a gift for him and gave it to him like i had picked his name from the start.

When class is dismissed we all head to the Great Hall for dinner. I find my friend, Raina, waiting for me in the stairwell. She's still telling me about her day when we find seats.

"Did you hear about the fliers going around?" Raina asks as she grabs a turkey drumstick from the table.

I shake my head and sip my juice. Raina's eyes widen and she smiles like a manic.

"So y'know how you always say how your so lonely and so sad all the time because you don't have a boyfriend?"

"I wouldn't say it like that but-"

"Well, good news for you. There are fliers going around about 'blind dates'! How exciting is that?" She grabs my hand and gets serious all of a sudden.

"Okay your my best friend and i want the best for you so you have to promise me you won't be mad." She nibbles on her bottom lip as i slowly nod my head; scared as to what she's going to say. "I put your name in for a blind date."

I stare at her. She stares at me. She's serious.

"Raina."

"Yeah..."

"I'm going to kill you."

"I know. I know i'm sorry y/n. I was just thinking about you and saw that and was like 'wow i'm a great best friend let me do this for her' but i was wrong SO wrong y/n. I'm sorry." She grips my hand tighter.

I rub my forehead and think about this. I obviously don't want to go, but if i was stood up at a BLIND date, i'd cry. So i have to go.

"It's okay. I'll go" I mumble the last part but Raina hears and smiles wide and relieved.

"Good because your dates tomorrow."

••••••••••

Walking to the spot that was arranged for my blind date, i think about all the boys who could possibly be there.

Fred and George Weasley would definitely sign up. Lee too. Definitely no Slytherins. All the Hufflepuffs. 

I stop my thoughts when i stand in front of Hogshead. I had gotten a letter stating i was supposed to walk in and give a 'girl with a straw hat' a small piece of paper, and she'd direct me to my date.

So i did just that.

I sat at the back of the place, nervously playing with the string on my coat. I look around and wait for the door to chime.

Now i'm starting to think i'm the one being stood up on a blind date-not my theoretical date. Great. This is just perfect. Really captures my love life essence.