Chapter 1: First Day

ART BY: rome_romedo on Danbooru

I woke up to my alarm ringing, I got up right away not wanting to be late. Today was one of the most important days initiation day. I was going to be joining the Fatui today. I had been waiting patiently for this day to come. I choose my outfit and grabbed the map I had received telling me where to go before heading out the door. My mind was clouded with thoughts, what was going to happen today, which harbinger was going to initiate me, and so many other questions.

I walked down the sidewalk constantly checking to make sure I was going the right way. At some point the map took me away from the streets and into the mountains. I looked around at my surroundings and wow were the mountains absolutely breathtaking. As I kept walking towards my destination my anxiety was slowly building up. I knew I was good at combat my trainers and sparing partners have told me but I still doubted myself.

Chatter filled the air as I reached my destination other new recruits were here all talking. I walked around looking at the other people, I thought about going up to someone and talking but decided against it. After waiting for some time, someone walked up to the crowed and began talking.

"Hello to all you idiots" he began and everyone stopped talking. It was a man, he was short but was still taller than me. He had blue hair and was wearing a hat.

"I am Scaramouche the 6th Harbinger you will all be working under me." he stated. "Before I call out your names to account for you, let's go over a few simple rules shall we. First you will address me formally. Second there will be no talking when I am speaking. Third you will do as I say no matter what. There are other rules but these are the most important. Failure to follow these rules will result in let's just say a punishment." he said very seriously. The way he said all of this instilled fear in everyone me included.

"Let's begin taking roll" one by one everyone's name was called, when your name was called you had to go and speak to the Harbinger. I started to space out untilI heard my name be called. Nervously I made my way into the tent. It was very bland with almost nothing in it except two chairs and a stack of paper.

"Y/N, correct" he started off. I nodded my head not speaking. He kept asking me more questions and I would just nod or shake my head.  no

"When I talk to you, you speak back so start using your words."

"Okay" I said quietly.

"Speak louder" he said looking at me.

"I stated louder

"That's good enough I guess. You know for someone who's supposedly a good fighter your awfully quiet." he abruptly said. Before I was able to say something he started speaking again.

" While the others say your good, I highly doubt it." he said in a low tone.

"I can't wait to prove you wrong" I mumbled.

"What did you say?" he asked making his way towards me.

Fuck shit fuck fuck he heard me what do I do I started saying to myself. When I didn't answer he put his hands on my chin a lifted it up making sure I looked right at him.

"Answer my question." he whispered as his grip got harder. I stayed silent but I should have talked.

"Very well then, seems like you don't want to listen. That'll change very soon all in good time. Once I'm done with you, you'll be a very obedient." he said as he let go of my chin.

"What do you mean, what are you going to do with me?" I asked fear building up.

"Oh you'll see soon enough. For now get out of my sight" he stated.

I got up from my chair and made my way out the tent my legs shaking. What did I do I asked myself as I went walking back to where the other recruits are.

(HELLO TO WHOEVER READS THIS. This is my first time writing I'm sorry if it's bad. I'm also sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.  The story will get better anyways I'll probably update again later. Drink water and make sure to eat even if it's a little. Thanks for reading and until next time friends!)