Chapter 2: New Friends

ART BY: WILLOW TREE on pokecharms.com

I sat down after leaving the tent I could still feel my legs shake. What the fuck just happened. I keep thinking of what just went on. I was getting lost in my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped my head up to see who was there. When I looked up I saw a girl with black hair and she was wearing a fatui outfit. She was kinda cute if I'm being honest.

"Hello!" the girl began saying. I responded back with a hello.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"My names Y/N." I replied.

"Wow your names so nice, my names Maccie." she smiled.

I thanked her for the compliment and we began talking. We didn't talk for long before we were interrupted, but I did manage to find out that she likes reading books and her favorite color was
red.

We heard everyone being called back to the spot where we were told the rules. Everyone was right back where they started waiting to be told their orders. The harbinger came out and started telling us what to do. I got the lucky task of going off to purchase food. I made my way to market and bought the freshest fruit and whatever else I could find. I walked back to camp, double checking I wasn't dropping or missing anything.

"What took you so long?" was the first thing I heard from none other than Scaramouche.

"Well I had to make sure I got enough food, and the market isnt-" I got caught of by him

"I don't care, next time hurry up." he stated.

I nodded and walked away with an apple in my hand. I'm so unlucky out of everyone I could have gotten, I got him instead. I walked back to where I was sitting before and laid down. There was nothing else for me to do except stare at the sky, so that's what I did. I felt my eyes start to close and then that's all I remember.

I wake up somewhere and I don't see anything but a little lantern and a figure on a chair. I rub my eyes and walk towards it. I see the harbinger there sleeping on his desk. For someone with a shitty attitude he looked really nice almost handsome I'd say. I noticed myself staring and quickly snapped back to reality. I decide to leave and grab my stuff and head out the door.

"Where exactly do you think you're going?" I hear come from behind me. I really can't catch a break now can I.

"I was leaving to go somewhere other than here." I say yawning.

"Well you're not leaving." he states.

"What why can't I?"

"I said so. Now shut the fuck up and let me go to sleep." he said while making his way to the bed that was there.

"Where do I stay?" I asked softly

"Go back to your spot on the floor."he said.

I got back to the floor and laid down. I immediately feel asleep.

"WAKE UP" I heard someone yell. I got up looking around remembering where I was. I saw the harbinger standing above me. He seemed mad already so I didn't waste any time and got up.

"Took you long enough." he said bluntly.

I rolled my eyes and luckily he didn't see me. I was still in my clothes from yesterday and desperately wanted to shower and get fresh clothes. However there was one question I needed to be answered.

"How did I end up in your cabin?" I asked him hoping he would answer.

"You feel asleep on a log and someone convinced me to take pity on you. So I carried you back here and allowed you to sleep. Now you owe me." he explained.

"Okay, well can I go back home now and change please?" I asked him. I also started wondering who convinced him to take pity on me.

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds before answering with a plain and simple "No."

"WHAT WHY NOT!?" I started asking protesting his answer.

"Once again the answer is because I said so, don't make me repeat myself. Now let's go we don't want to be late." he said sternly.

I stayed quiet and followed him out the cabin. We started making our way towards the place we were told to go to. On the way there I noticed how secluded the cabin was, it was so far away from everything.

"Can we take a break please?" I asked being exhausted from the amount of walking we had done.

"No." he said.

"Please..." I begged before he walked up to me.

"You really don't listen don't you." he said as he pinned me against a nearby tree. He pulled a knife out and made a cut by my neck. While it wasn't that deep it was deep enough to make me bleed.

"Start listening or next time it'll be more than just a little cut." he said before letting me go.

I put my hand on my neck trying to stop the bleeding and wound from getting worse. While I was doing this the Harbinger just keep walking on as if nothing happened. I kept up with him despite being exhausted and now having an injury.

We finally made our way back to camp where the other recruits were all talking once again. I saw Maccie and decided to go talk to her.

"Y/N!! THERE YOU ARE!" she exclaimed and ran up to me giving me a hug.

I hugged her back and tried hiding the cut as much as I could. As she pulled away from the hug she told me about what she did when she got home and such. Must be nice having clean clothes I thought to myself.

"Hey Y/N are you okay, you didn't have that cut yesterday." she said as she pointed to the cut on my neck.

"Oh yea I probably slept on the log wrong yesterday." I didn't want to tell her what really happened so I just used the log as an excuse.

As I made my way to find out what my task was I saw the Harbinger staring at me, seeing my hand over my neck and smirking. I ignored him as much as I could and got to work. Today I actually got to do combat. I was actually excited for work for once. I had to check the surroundings making sure no one was planning to attack us or do things which could mess up our operations. I grabbed my weapon and headed off.

(HI READER! Thanks for reading as always also thank you to the people who are actually reading this lol. Stay hydrated and eat a little bit. Have a great day/night/afternoon/morning/evening im out of ideas...UNTIL NEXT TIME<3)

My Mistake || Scaramouche x Y/NOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara